Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Got the bit between my teeth.

Got the bit between my teeth.

An area for topics about more general cruise-related matters.

Re: Got the bit between my teeth.

Postby rdw123 » 12 Mar 2018 17:27

You can do a trip to Pisa called Easy Peasy Pisa. You take a road train from the coach park into Pisa and there is very little walking involved. You get a trip around the town and are then dropped off for an hour or so by the tower. Went last week although you do have to be able to board the road train, some of our party struggled as they were not very mobile. I enjoyed it as I wandered up the back streets on my own for a bit. Plenty of genuine Rolexes for very cheap price!!
rdw123
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby tobysgranny » 28 Apr 2018 02:01

Just over two weeks to go now until we are off on The Navigator and return to cruising. I think I am enjoying the prospect knowing we only have to drive to Southampton and there are no flights to worry about. I’m at the ‘clothes sorting out’ stage so lots of washing and ironing to be getting on with. I do wish it would stop raining and I can get some clothes outside on the line. Talk about April Showers!

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Gillzajoker » 28 Apr 2018 09:28

Good luck with the weather, Joan - bet you are so excited that it's almost here at last! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby grannyM » 28 Apr 2018 17:07

Hi Joan, not long to go now. Hope you get some better weather for the washing. It's the same here - one good day out of 7 then back to rain, rain and more rain. :? :evil:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby judgegeoff » 28 Apr 2018 17:42

grannyM wrote:Hi Joan, not long to go now. Hope you get some better weather for the washing. It's the same here - one good day out of 7 then back to rain, rain and more rain. :? :evil:

Some good news for you Marie - according to today's newspapers some scientists reckon that, by the end of this century, the north of Scotland will be warmer and drier than the south of England. Trouble is, not many of us will be here to witness it! :(

Have a great cruise Joan and Richard. :thumbup:
Geoff

Cruises Booked

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 29 Apr 2018 16:37

judgegeoff wrote:Some good news for you Marie - according to today's newspapers some scientists reckon that, by the end of this century, the north of Scotland will be warmer and drier than the south of England. Trouble is, not many of us will be here to witness it! :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tobysgranny » 29 Apr 2018 23:30

Thanks folks. I don’t know where time goes. One minute you are looking at two months to go then suddenly it’s two weeks.

Weather here has been awful as well Marie. Richard has been trying to power wash the paving slabs and bits of decking in our back garden and is getting so frustrated by the bad weather. Surely it must get better soon. Talk about April showers!

I’ll try and keep you up to date with cruise as it goes along.

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 29 Apr 2018 23:38

Joan not sure if you do facebook but if you do there is a very active fb page for the group. At least two of the blokes are couple of comedians they had me in stitches a few times
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby tobysgranny » 30 Apr 2018 06:58

sparkiethecruiser wrote:Joan not sure if you do facebook but if you do there is a very active fb page for the group. At least two of the blokes are couple of comedians they had me in stitches a few times

Donna I’ve been trying to join this group for days and it just keeps saying pending.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tobysgranny » 01 May 2018 01:58

tobysgranny wrote:
sparkiethecruiser wrote:Joan not sure if you do facebook but if you do there is a very active fb page for the group. At least two of the blokes are couple of comedians they had me in stitches a few times

Donna I’ve been trying to join this group for days and it just keeps saying pending.

Just been approved Donna.

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to Let's talk about... General cruising topics