Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Caribbean Cruise on Queen Victoria

Caribbean Cruise on Queen Victoria

An area for topics about more general cruise-related matters.

Postby tobysgranny » 06 Dec 2018 19:36

Having a wonderful time on Queen Victoria. She really is a beautiful ship. Had a wonderful time in the Caribbean and now on the home stretch. Arrive in the Azores on Sunday. Will tell you all about it when i get back.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Caribbean Cruise on Queen Victoria

Postby tobysgranny » 15 Dec 2018 16:14

Arrived home on Thursday from this wonderful cruise. Lots of sea days. Three days to Madeira and then five days out to the Caribbean. We then had five days out there visiting Saint Martin, Antigua, Martinique, St. Vincent and finally Barbados. We then had five sea days back to the Azores when we stopped at Praia Di Vitória. Such a pretty little place and finally three days back to Southampton.

Cunard have done this cruise for the last three years and I am very disappointed to learn they are not doing it again next year as we would have booked it again it was so good.

We had a balcony cabin very close to the Forward lifts. It was a lovely cabin, if a little compact. Bathroom was adequate but the shower had an awful curtain and on more than one occasion I managed to flood the bathroom.

We had a wonderful room steward called Ben. When he discovered a Richard liked Suduko he showed him a book where he had compiled lots and lots of puzzles. He left some for Richard to do.

We had late sitting for dinner and were allocated a table for 10, but after Madeira we visited the Lido Buffet and enjoyed it so much we never went back to the MDR. We met up with the same people each evening and it was very sociable. The food up there was really good.

There was so much to do every day. Richard as thrilled that ‘Blowers’ was on and went to see him three times. He even took part in a ‘Blankety, Blank Quiz in the pub with the Captain, Deputy Captain and one of the Comedians. It was hosted by the Asst. Entertainment Dir. Tommi and it was hysterical. Long time since I have laughed so much.

There were also three choirs which I joined. One on the way out with more than 80 guests taking part and another one the way back as well a Sea Shanty choir taken by Tommi who comes From Falmouth. We had such fun. A lot of my time on the return journey was taken up with choir practice.

The Captain was Simon Love Who was extremely nice and he could always be seen around the ship every day. He and his fellow officers also ate in the buffet most nights.

All in all it really was a wonderful cruise. One I shall remember for a longtime.

Joan

P.s. I met up with Maggie (remember MaggieMou). She sent her best wishes to you Marie.

I’ll try and send some pictures on Tapatalk.ImageImageImageImageImage
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby grannyM » 15 Dec 2018 18:10

Delighted to read about how much you both enjoyed this cruise Joan. After all the worries about your health and then insurance it must have been so good to relax and have such a good time. Realy surprised Maggie remembered me but of course she was very active on cruise dot. when I was on there. I do remember her showing all her extraordinary - one for every night - evening wear. Don't know how she every managed the amount of luggage for some of the longer cruises. :lol:

Your photos are great too. Very festive. :thumbup:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tobysgranny » 15 Dec 2018 18:18

grannyM wrote:Delighted to read about how much you both enjoyed this cruise Joan. After all the worries about your health and then insurance it must have been so good to relax and have such a good time. Realy surprised Maggie remembered me but of course she was very active on cruise dot. when I was on there. I do remember her showing all her extraordinary - one for every night - evening wear. Don't know how she every managed the amount of luggage for some of the longer cruises. :lol:

Your photos are great too. Very festive. :thumbup:

She now Lives back in the U.K. I saw quite a bit of her on the ship but I didn’t see her much at night as we ate In the Buffet.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby judgegeoff » 15 Dec 2018 18:41

Thank you for sharing your recent QV cruise with us Joan. :clap: :clap: ! am so glad that you and Richard enjoyed it so much.
Geoff

Cruises Booked

"Boudicca" - Western Europe
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby bobbyoscar » 15 Dec 2018 19:43

Hi Joan, Lovely to hear that your cruise lived up to and may have exceeded your expectations. xx
Cruises booked:
September 2019 -
P & O Azura - Malaga -Messina - Mykonos - Piraeus - Santorini - Katakolon - Gibraltar
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby tobysgranny » 15 Dec 2018 20:39

bobbyoscar wrote:Hi Joan, Lovely to hear that your cruise lived up to and may have exceeded your expectations. xx

It certainly did Glynis. Certainly recharged my batteries.

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby bobbyoscar » 16 Dec 2018 08:30

tobysgranny wrote: It certainly did Glynis. Certainly recharged my batteries.

Joan

Wonderful to hear :thumbup: xx
Cruises booked:
September 2019 -
P & O Azura - Malaga -Messina - Mykonos - Piraeus - Santorini - Katakolon - Gibraltar
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: Caribbean Cruise on Queen Victoria

Postby Camela » 16 Dec 2018 09:34

A good review, it all sounded fun.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore