Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - New Refund Credit Note for cancelled cruises.

New Refund Credit Note for cancelled cruises.

An area for topics about more general cruise-related matters.

Postby grannyM » 14 Jun 2020 16:21

Gillzajoker wrote:Quite right, Geoff. That is very bad form! :evil:

I agree. All Very frustrating Geoff. :roll:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby judgegeoff » 21 Aug 2020 17:43

This afternoon I telephoned MSC Cruises to ask them if they had made a refund to my travel agent, IGLU, for our cancelled Cape Town to Venice cruise and its associated British Airways flights (London to Cape Town and Venice to London). I was told that MSC made the refund to IGLU some time ago, either at the end of July or the very beginning of August. I have had nothing from IGLU for some weeks, but this is not the first case of them holding onto refund money paid from MSC, MSC have had a number of complaints about this. Unfortunately, the IGLU Customer Services Department closed at 4:00 pm, so I was unable to contact them, but I will be ringing them in the morning to ask them why they are not passing the money on to me.
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: New Refund Credit Note for cancelled cruises.

Postby Camela » 21 Aug 2020 20:35

I hope you get a resolution from IGLU next week. Our cancelled Seabourn cruise in April, although booked through an online agent, was refunded directly from Seabourn to us.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby rdw123 » 22 Aug 2020 07:19

Geoff. Iglu sounds like one to not use in the future. Hope you get your refund soon.
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby Gillzajoker » 22 Aug 2020 10:03

Fingers crossed you receive your money back soon. Note to self - don't use IGLU! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby judgegeoff » 22 Aug 2020 11:26

judgegeoff wrote:This afternoon I telephoned MSC Cruises to ask them if they had made a refund to my travel agent, IGLU, for our cancelled Cape Town to Venice cruise and its associated British Airways flights (London to Cape Town and Venice to London). I was told that MSC made the refund to IGLU some time ago, either at the end of July or the very beginning of August. I have had nothing from IGLU for some weeks, but this is not the first case of them holding onto refund money paid from MSC, MSC have had a number of complaints about this. Unfortunately, the IGLU Customer Services Department closed at 4:00 pm, so I was unable to contact them, but I will be ringing them in the morning to ask them why they are not passing the money on to me.

I phoned Iglu Customer Services this morning and, after 26 minutes of listening to some awful repetitive music and an occasional recorded voice telling me that I was a valued customer, I got a ringing tone. Unfortunately, it rang for about 30 seconds, the ringing then stopped and then the call terminated. Grrr!

I have sent an email to Iglu Customer Care, with a copy to ABTA, advising them that MSC Cruises have told me that they have refunded the money to Iglu, requesting an immediate refund of my money and also an explanation of why it hasn't been refunded already, despite Iglu assuring me that it would be done without delay.

By return, I got a 'Do not reply' confirmation that they had received my email and advising me that they will reply to me within 14 days.
Geoff

judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby rdw123 » 23 Aug 2020 07:41

Geoff. We await the results with interest! I wonder if it will be the normal 14 days or 14 days ++. Good luck.
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby Gillzajoker » 23 Aug 2020 10:13

That is disgusting, Geoff! :evil:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby judgegeoff » 25 Aug 2020 16:43

This afternoon I managed to speak to somebody from Iglu after almost an hour of listening to the same awful music and an occasional recorded voice telling me how they value my call. As expected, I got nowhere, just the usual "Your refund is important to us", "The process is in motion", "It is in the hands of our Accounts Department" and "We are extremely busy". I requested that a member of the Customer Services Department ring me and was somewhat surprised when a lady phoned me about 40 minutes later.

She was very sympathetic (I have received a lot of sympathy from Iglu) and advised me that she would put me on her priority list and that people on the list normally receive their refund within two to three weeks. I told her that this time period was not acceptable to me, I reminded her that it was actually illegal for Iglu to not pay me the refund within 14 days of receiving the money from MSC and told her that I expected to receive it within the next 48 hours.

The refund is for a substantial amount as it covered the cost of British Airways flights from London to Cape Town and from Venice to London and the 29 night MSC cruise - for two persons. It has infuriated me that Iglu has seen fit to delay my refund for such a long period and without even acknowledging that they had received the money from MSC. I am hoping that my phone call will accelerate the refund process, I will keep you informed of the progress.
Geoff

judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 26 Aug 2020 09:52

I hope so too - and they ought to compensate you for this unconscionable delay! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext