Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - New Refund Credit Note for cancelled cruises.

New Refund Credit Note for cancelled cruises.

An area for topics about more general cruise-related matters.

Postby judgegeoff » 12 Sep 2020 17:41

Just a brief update, but without any progress. It is now well over 5 weeks since MSC paid my holiday money to Iglu and, despite phone calls and emails, my money has still not been returned to me. I will certainly never ever deal with Iglu again. My patience is being stretched mighty thin! :x
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: New Refund Credit Note for cancelled cruises.

Postby rdw123 » 13 Sep 2020 07:20

I was only wondering the other day Geoff how you were getting on with your awaited refund. Seems like you have hit a brick wall. They would be quick to demand prompt payment off you though. Good luck, like you say one to avoid in the future.
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby Gillzajoker » 13 Sep 2020 08:57

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby grannyM » 14 Sep 2020 15:42

judgegeoff wrote:Just a brief update, but without any progress. It is now well over 5 weeks since MSC paid my holiday money to Iglu and, despite phone calls and emails, my money has still not been returned to me. I will certainly never ever deal with Iglu again. My patience is being stretched mighty thin! :x

So sorry there has been no further progress Geoff. I'm sure there must be other people in the same situation with Iglu. t is utterly disgraceful. :evil:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby judgegeoff » 14 Sep 2020 17:50

grannyM wrote:
judgegeoff wrote:Just a brief update, but without any progress. It is now well over 5 weeks since MSC paid my holiday money to Iglu and, despite phone calls and emails, my money has still not been returned to me. I will certainly never ever deal with Iglu again. My patience is being stretched mighty thin! :x

So sorry there has been no further progress Geoff. I'm sure there must be other people in the same situation with Iglu. t is utterly disgraceful. :evil:

The Iglu Refund Group on Facebook currently has 993 members! One member was told that because of his protestations he was put on the 'priority list'. Apparently he was number 283 on the list!!! I am supposed to be on the priority list (number unknown), but I am not getting excited! :cry:
Geoff

judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby bobbyoscar » 15 Sep 2020 08:41

So sorry to hear this Geoff; from what I've just been reading Iglu seem to be the worse at telling folks one thing and then doing the opposite.I do hope that this is now sorted quickly for you.

I consider myself one of the lucky ones in that I had a refund from Celebrity last week for my deposit of £300. I had booked direct with them and it took 42 days from the day that I notified by phone of wanting a refund to the time it occurred back in my credit account.
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger CANX
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby judgegeoff » 16 Sep 2020 15:41

This morning, unbeknown to myself, my son posted a 'tweet' on 'Twitter' about the time that Iglu were taking to refund my cancelled cruise money. As a result of this, I received a phone call from an Iglu manager. She told me that my claim was being prioritised and I told her that I was writing an email to the C.E.O. of Iglu, requesting a statement regarding the delay in refunding my money and the lack of communication from Iglu regarding the claim. A couple of hours later I received two emails from Iglu and a phone call from the manager, advising me that the money was being paid into my credit card account and should be cleared in a couple of days.

Chris and I are delighted but feel that the only reason we received the refund today was that we were becoming a nuisance to them. There are a lot of people who have waited even longer than us and deserve to be refunded without any further delays.
Geoff

judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Camela » 16 Sep 2020 21:41

A disadvantage of being somewhat 'old' and maybe not social meedja savvy. My boys often tweet and get some reaction from the company concerned. Sadly these options don't work in favour of a technophobe like me. :(
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby rdw123 » 17 Sep 2020 08:52

That’s very good news Geoff but sceptic that I am I wouldn’t believe it until the money actually appeared in my account! Fingers and everything else crossed for you.
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby judgegeoff » 17 Sep 2020 09:17

rdw123 wrote:That’s very good news Geoff but sceptic that I am I wouldn’t believe it until the money actually appeared in my account! Fingers and everything else crossed for you.

Indeed Ruth, we won't be celebrating until we see the money in our account. Hopefully, we will be able to eat meat next week!!! :lol:
Geoff

judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext