Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - New Refund Credit Note for cancelled cruises.

New Refund Credit Note for cancelled cruises.

An area for topics about more general cruise-related matters.

Re: New Refund Credit Note for cancelled cruises.

Postby grannyM » 17 Sep 2020 09:36

Camela wrote:A disadvantage of being somewhat 'old' and maybe not social meedja savvy. My boys often tweet and get some reaction from the company concerned. Sadly these options don't work in favour of a technophobe like me. :(

My son also has told me that 'tweeting' actually works better than calls and e.mails. Name and shame, but really how dreadful is this as a means of getting attention for a justified result. :twisted:

Fingers crossed for your long awaited refund arriving in your bank account soon :( .
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Gillzajoker » 17 Sep 2020 10:26

I agree with Marie, Geoff - certainly bad practice to let it get to that stage - but it seems the end justifies
the means! Let us know when it finally appears in your account, and then the drinks are on you! :lol:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby judgegeoff » 19 Sep 2020 06:28

Gillzajoker wrote:I agree with Marie, Geoff - certainly bad practice to let it get to that stage - but it seems the end justifies
the means! Let us know when it finally appears in your account, and then the drinks are on you! :lol:

I am pleased to advise you that the money is now safely in our account and we will be able to eat meat again (we were getting a little fed up of gruel every day!). Please accept a virtual glass of champagne - "Cheers"! :lol:

Just to underline how incompetent Iglu are, just a few hours after the money was paid into our account I received an email from them, thanking me for my patience and advising me that they hoped to be able to send me my refund by the 14th of October 2020!

I am still pondering whether or not to make a claim for compensation for loss of interest on the sum, stress and distress for my wife and myself and for my time, trouble and expense for all the emails and telephone calls made by myself in trying to get the overdue refund.

I know that the only reason I received the refund when I did was because I made myself a real nuisance to them - many other people have been waiting over 190 days - and still are.
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby rdw123 » 19 Sep 2020 07:11

Cheers Geoff! Glad you got a result. One for the black list of firms not to use in the future. Now you have your money back you will be able to plan your next trip, or at least as things stand at the moment, dream about it. Good to get some good news.
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby judgegeoff » 19 Sep 2020 09:36

rdw123 wrote:Cheers Geoff! Glad you got a result. One for the black list of firms not to use in the future. Now you have your money back you will be able to plan your next trip, or at least as things stand at the moment, dream about it. Good to get some good news.

Cheers Ruth! As this awful virus is not going to go away, and Chris is classified as extremely vulnerable by the NHS, I guess that we will be isolating ourselves until an effective vaccine is found and made available. We will be desperate to get back to South Africa as Chris' sister and her husband live there and it is one of our favourite destinations. If we can tie a holiday there together with a cruise to/from Europe (like we had booked for March 2020) that would be fantastic.

But, more importantly, we are looking forward to seeing our family again. It is almost a year since we saw our two daughters and their families (Lancaster and Colchester) and over 7 months since we saw our son (London). We are finding isolation is not too difficult, but are really missing the family. It will be one hell of a party when we do finally all get together!
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 19 Sep 2020 09:36

Great news Geoff. Well done you for keeping up the fight. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Gillzajoker » 19 Sep 2020 10:43

Well done, Geoff. Cheers!
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Camela » 19 Sep 2020 16:31

For everyone's sake and that of the world I agree we must fervently hope that a vaccine can relieve this horrendous state of affairs. We know from the forum how important family are to you and Chris and millions of others and lack of contact is so hard.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 20 Sep 2020 10:03

I wish I felt as confident as the people who think that the vaccine will be an instant 'Holy Grail'.
Because as a general rule of thumb, vaccines take up to 20 years to perfect............... :cry:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Previous