Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Where the real bargains this year?

Where the real bargains this year?

Amazing offers and last minute deals!

Postby grannyM » 03 Jun 2013 18:45

Gosh that is a shame Wen but you are quite right - 103 WOW - she really needs her family around her for such a momentous birthday. You never know maybe something similar after the 15th will come up. I was thinking we wouldn't get away in June as everything I fancied was leaving on 15th and we have some 3 of our granchildren staying over that night as the big kids are all going to a Stone Roses concert. No one else available for the babysitting. So duties at the other end of the age range from your Mother in Law. :lol:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby octocruiser » 04 Jun 2013 10:52

octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: Where the real bargains this year?

Postby Jimmy the One » 04 Jun 2013 17:47

sevenseascoaster wrote:Great news Marie, sounds a good Itinery too and will be more special 'cause its a bargain :lol:

'P' called me into his study this afternoon, he had found a Cruise at a bargain price leaving on the 8th June on the QM2. could i be ready in time? London (Southampton), At Sea, Hamburg, At Sea, Bergen, Andalsnes, Trondheim, At Sea, Honningsvaag , Cruise North Cape, Tromso, At Sea, Alesund, Stavanger, At Sea, Hamburg, At Sea, London (Southampton)

I said wow great, I will have to start packing now!!!!!!! then the penny dropped :roll: Mother in Law is 103 on the 15th June and of course we wouldn't be back, so couldn't book :( . Great shame but you're only 103 once and don't think she would appreciate us being missing on the big day :roll:

There's one on the 1st of July Wen on Queen Elizabeth £749 going to the North Cape ,Tromso ,Geiranger and more
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Where the real bargains this year?

Postby sevenseascoaster » 04 Jun 2013 18:59

Jimmy the One wrote:
sevenseascoaster wrote:Great news Marie, sounds a good Itinery too and will be more special 'cause its a bargain :lol:

'P' called me into his study this afternoon, he had found a Cruise at a bargain price leaving on the 8th June on the QM2. could i be ready in time? London (Southampton), At Sea, Hamburg, At Sea, Bergen, Andalsnes, Trondheim, At Sea, Honningsvaag , Cruise North Cape, Tromso, At Sea, Alesund, Stavanger, At Sea, Hamburg, At Sea, London (Southampton)

I said wow great, I will have to start packing now!!!!!!! then the penny dropped :roll: Mother in Law is 103 on the 15th June and of course we wouldn't be back, so couldn't book :( . Great shame but you're only 103 once and don't think she would appreciate us being missing on the big day :roll:

There's one on the 1st of July Wen on Queen Elizabeth £749 going to the North Cape ,Tromso ,Geiranger and more

Thanks Jim will get P to look into it :)
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby jsb » 09 Jun 2013 17:54

grannyM wrote:Late yesterday afternoon we booked what we thought was a last minute deal for a Balcony Cabin on Crown Princess going to Spitsbergen & North Cape. I went on to the website early this morning to look at the itinerary and the price had risen by £1,100pp. :?

I couldn't wait for our TA to open to make sure we got the price we were quoted yesterday. Thankfully we tied it up at 4.55pm just before they closed and she had booked it just after that before she went home. She thinks it must have been a promotion for May but we didn't know that and could have waited until today to speak to her. How lucky was that and what a bargain. :thumbup: :D

This is where we are going:

I am really pleased that you have a cruise booked Marie, the itinerary looks great.
Don't worry be happy.
jsb
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby grannyM » 09 Jun 2013 18:30

Thank you Jan. I am very excited but as you can imagine OH keeps making remarks about a first time taking hats, scarves and gloves. Never mind, we won them over in the end, didn't we. :lol:

Hope you and your husband enjoyed the fjords. :)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby jsb » 09 Jun 2013 18:51

grannyM wrote:Thank you Jan. I am very excited but as you can imagine OH keeps making remarks about a first time taking hats, scarves and gloves. Never mind, we won them over in the end, didn't we. :lol:

Hope you and your husband enjoyed the fjords. :)

We had very mixed weather, don't tell your OH but there were times I wish I had taken my hat, gloves and scarves. :roll:
Don't worry be happy.
jsb
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Previous