Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Saga Cruises 7 Day Spectacular

Saga Cruises 7 Day Spectacular

Amazing offers and last minute deals!

Postby pej_saga » 01 Nov 2013 18:42

We've selected a number of cruises aboard Saga Sapphire that we hope will tempt you to hop aboard and make the most of our on-board credit in our 7 day Cruise Spectacular.

Cruise on Saga Sapphire, a jewel of a ship, to a glittering range of destinations from January to July next year and get free on-board credit into the bargain. Go north to scenic Norway's fjords and spectacular Northern Lights, west to the vibrant Caribbean or south to the ever popular Mediterranean. From this panoply of cruises, there's something to suit everyone. So why wait? Book today to make the most of our £75pp on-board credit in our 7 day cruise spectacular.

Saga Sapphire is the perfect home from home, a contemporary ship celebrating classic traditions, with many extras included in the price. From a chauffeur-driven car to the port (up to 250 miles each way) to travel insurance and additional cancellation cover as standard, all on-board gratuities and so much more, you'll find a Saga Cruise costs much less than you might think.

We also make sure we give you fantastic value and pride ourselves on the fact we keep our on-board prices low, ranging from £2.90 for a pint of Spitfire Ale or Heineken Export to £3.75 for a G&T. We also offer a selection of excursions at every port, and wine and spa packages. Treat yourself to a shampoo and blow dry from £29 or a file and polish from £25, and you can do all this with your on-board credit.

BOOK NOW »
Offer ends midnight on Thursday 7th November 2013.
pej_saga

Postby arkangel » 01 Nov 2013 19:48

Hi pej_saga, and welcome to Cruising Mates. :wave:

Thanks for taking the trouble to post this offer and we look forward to you posting more like it. :thumbup:
(Dave)
arkangel
Administrator
Administrator

National Flag:
United Nations

Postby octocruiser » 01 Nov 2013 20:19

arkangel wrote:Hi pej_saga, and welcome to Cruising Mates. :wave:

Thanks for taking the trouble to post this offer and we look forward to you posting more like it. :thumbup:

There are already some comments on this offer on Judy's thread, 'Another Saga Email' .

Cheers Kath
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: Saga Cruises 7 Day Spectacular

Postby hazel20 » 02 Nov 2013 11:04

I'm already booked to speak on one of these....so hope some of you will join me!
http://www.hazeljgriffiths.net

Future Lecture Cruises:
Spirit of Discovery - July - Maiden Voyage & second cruise
Saga Sapphire - Christmas
2020 - Black Watch - Four Freds in Funchal
(a few more pending but not yet confirmed so don't want to tempt fate!!)
hazel20
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
Wales

Postby Borneo » 02 Nov 2013 11:48

Would love to Hazel but already got three cruises booked with Saga . Sadly none of them are yours . Christmas is the next one .
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby khkate » 03 Nov 2013 14:09

Plenty of Saga cruises booked for 2014 Hazerl. I tend to avoid Sapphire. Wonder if those alreeady booked on one of these cruises will get the OBC or not - thinking of Rina, who is on one of the Northern Lights cruises next year? Mind you, as they are first-time Saga cruisers, they may already qualify for £25 OBC! I'm sure Saga will find a way to wiggle out of both!!
Future Cruises - Canaries, Europe, Norway, UK
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby pej_saga » 04 Nov 2013 15:34

arkangel wrote:Hi pej_saga, and welcome to Cruising Mates. :wave:

Thanks Dave,

As and when future offers appear I will ensure they are posted on the forum.

Kind Regards, Pej
pej_saga

Postby Cocochanel » 05 Nov 2013 23:02

Hi khkate (Lesley),

You are quite right in assuming that we would not qualify! I already enquired about the OBC for "First Time" cruisers and got a reply saying that they are sorry but we don't qualify as it is only applicable to certain cruises. I expect the same answer this time even though they say that the "Price Promise" would be honoured for existing bookings.

If you read the "Price Promise" it is obvious that if you made use of the early booking discount, then you would never qualify for any other offers posted at a later date. They look at the % discount you received when you made your initial booking and compare it to the current % discount on offer. They will then take the difference in price plus the monetary value of the offer and deduct it from your total. If your total (the price you paid at the time of booking) is then still less than the current total, then voila, you don't qualify! If the current price point plus promotional offer brings the total price to less than yours by say, 10 Pounds, then you will receive some form of compensation in either OBC etc. to the value of 10 Pounds only!!

The only time you would benefit from the "Price Promise" is if they blatantly advertise the same cabin cat./ cruise as yours, at a lesser price than what you paid initially during the "Early booking discounts" period, and that would never happen!

I am learning quickly that the "Saga Promise" is just that, a promise of getting "nothing for nothing"! If it sounds too good to be true, it normally is!!!!!

Lesley, I did send Saga an e-mail enquiring if we would also qualify for the OBC as per their current offer and I will let you know what their reply was as soon as I get one!
Cocochanel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
South Africa

Postby Barry » 06 Nov 2013 09:58

Some bits they do pass on, our forthcoming trip on the Pearl round the Adriatic became 'all inclusive' long after we'd booked.

We got a letter telling us that it had gone to all inclusive and that it would include anyone who had booked early ;)
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Borneo » 06 Nov 2013 10:10

I thought ALL first time cruisers got the OBC . We did when we did our first on Pearl 1 have they changed that then ?
Come on Saga sort yourselves out . With so many other cruise lines giving very good offers it makes saga offers look pathetic .
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Next