Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Cilla Black.

Cilla Black.

Cilla Black.

Postby tomvet » 02 Aug 2015 21:12

The world has lost 'the best of British' today with the passing of Cilla Black.

The talent in this youtube video just blows me away - from 1969 - her second hit and first number one! Nowadays we have mediocre musicians made sound great with digital enhancement etc.

While it is a while since we have seen Cilla on our screens, her talent, wit, humour etc will be missed!

RIP Cilla!

October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Cilla Black.

Postby adogap » 02 Aug 2015 21:20

RIP Cilla. Great talent, huge personality but never a Diva.

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Cilla Black.

Postby sevenseascoaster » 02 Aug 2015 21:45

That's very sad news, she was part of our 'era' a legend, RIP Cilla now reunited with her Bobby.
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby keith6400 » 03 Aug 2015 11:10

Priscilla Maria Veronica White OBE RIP

Keith
keith6400
Commander
Commander

Postby grannyM » 03 Aug 2015 19:28

sevenseascoaster wrote:That's very sad news, she was part of our 'era' a legend, RIP Cilla now reunited with her Bobby.

Yes Wen, exactly what I thought too. Very sad to read about this last night. Perhaps a coincidence that she had the BAFTA lifetime award and agreed to the excellent portrayal by Sheridan Smith for 'Cilla' programme this last year. Whether a coincidence or not they were both timely and fitting tributes for a wonderful performer. :(
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Cilla Black.

Postby tobysgranny » 04 Aug 2015 17:47

Very sad news!

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Eleanor » 06 Aug 2015 17:26

I think it hit hard because it was so sudden; she was amazing for where she rose from and how much she was a part of that sixties scene in Liverpool. My sister used to bunk off school to go to the Cavern, and on a recent visit to her, we walked down Matthew Street and reminisced. Thank you for the music and the memories, Cilla. A life well lived.
Eleanor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby grannyM » 06 Aug 2015 18:08

Eleanor wrote:I think it hit hard because it was so sudden; she was amazing for where she rose from and how much she was a part of that sixties scene in Liverpool. My sister used to bunk off school to go to the Cavern, and on a recent visit to her, we walked down Matthew Street and reminisced. Thank you for the music and the memories, Cilla. A life well lived.

Yes thanks for the memories. T was reading some of the tributes for Cilla from Liverpool people the other night and the favourite of many who left comments is 'Liverpool Lullaby'. We watched it on youtube then went on to watch lots of old footage from the streets of Liverpool with the 60s groups' music playing in the background at the same time. We were kids in Glasgow around the time some of this old footage was shot, probably around late 40s early 50s. So many similarities in these poor streets of Liverpool. Thank goodness better education and a chance of getting out of the slums to new houses changed a lot of that for all of us. We spent the rest of the night watching youtube videos about the music and groups that came out of Liverpool in the 60s. Such an incredible amount of talent. Such wonderful memories for us and so glad to have been a part of that huge change for teenagers at that time.

Here it is - Liverpool Lullaby.

Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland