Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Simon and Garfunkel story

Simon and Garfunkel story

Postby adogap » 19 May 2016 12:17

Yesterday evening we went to see Simon and Garfunkel story at the Waterfront in Belfast, the band of five very talented musicians are touring for the next year. It was a very enjoyable show and I would recommend to anyone interested in folk / rock from that era. What surprised us was that our younger friends and relatives had never heard of Art and Paul.
Feeling old :(

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby octocruiser » 19 May 2016 14:32

adogap wrote:Yesterday evening we went to see Simon and Garfunkel story at the Waterfront in Belfast, the band of five very talented musicians are touring for the next year. It was a very enjoyable show and I would recommend to anyone interested in folk / rock from that era. What surprised us was that our younger friends and relatives had never heard of Art and Paul.
Feeling old :(

Chris

We have had a Simon and Garfunkel tribute on two of our Saga cruises. I thought they were pretty good- they did play some of the best known songs, plus some less known ones. They also told the story of their career and about how their relationship developed. It was a very informal and enjoyable performance.

On one occasion we were standing just in front of them in a queue on a jetty waiting for the tender to take us back to the ship. Another couple came up behind them and when they didn't move to let them pass asked 'Are you in this queue ? You look too young for this ship. ' They smiled and said Yes they were in the queue. The couple said 'you must be crew ? ' .

I turned round and said - 'May I introduce you to Simon and Garfunkel' ?

I don't think the couple were much the wiser , they were not youngsters.
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby grannyM » 19 May 2016 14:52

Just heard on the car radio today that Paul Simon (the real one ;) ) is about to start a UK tour soon. :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Return to Music