Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Wireless Headphones

Wireless Headphones

Wireless Headphones

Postby adogap » 02 Nov 2016 16:42

I’m going to treat myself to a set of wireless headphones. I would prefer something that would sit over my ear as the bud type keeps falling out, especially when I am walking :evil: Interested to hear if anyone can make a recommendation, there do appear to be a lot of makes to choose from :?

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Wireless Headphones

Postby judgegeoff » 03 Nov 2016 14:25

Hi Chris,

If you go to www.amazon.co.uk and click on 'Daily deals', then on 'Electronics', you will find that they have a few Bluetooth wireless headphones on offer. They have from a Moudio M100 for £21.24 (4.5 stars out of 5 by 163 reviewers) although I personally have no experience of these headphones.

One of the problems with earphones is that you can pay anything from a few pounds to several hundred pounds - the choice is yours (and your pocket's! :lol: ).
Geoff

Booked cruise :- "MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Wireless Headphones

Postby adogap » 03 Nov 2016 15:06

Thank you Geoff. There is a huge price difference between various brands and although I don’t mind an expensive purchase, a fancy logo is surplus to requirements. I use headphones a lot and although my current ones are working perfectly, they are 3 years old, very well travelled and just a little worn. I am forced into letting them retire as my new phone has no headphone jack :(
Heading out to Curry’s tomorrow and will then do a price comparison on line. I will add to this post when the purchase has been made :geek:

Chris
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Wireless Headphones

Postby dst87 » 05 Nov 2016 18:59

As much as audiophiles will often complain, I'd say that the headphones I'd buy are the Bose QC35 headphones.

They offer great battery life, a simple, attractive design, excellent quality sound, and market-leading noise canceling which is great for traveling.

I currently have the Beats Studio Wireless headphones which are also good, but the Bose set sound better, and have FAR better noise cancelling... but they didn't exist when I bought the Beats!
Duncan S

Upcoming cruises:
09/16 - MSC Splendida (Northern Europe)

Previous cruises: See my blog!
dst87
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
Scotland

Wireless Headphones

Postby adogap » 05 Nov 2016 20:11

Duncan, would you believe I have been given two sets home to decide which to choose?
IMG_0050.jpeg

I have not used either yet but on your recommendation Bose wins
Many thanks

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Wireless Headphones

Postby dst87 » 06 Nov 2016 11:26

adogap wrote:Duncan, would you believe I have been given two sets home to decide which to choose?
IMG_0050.jpeg

I have not used either yet but on your recommendation Bose wins
Many thanks

Chris

What a coincidence. They do seem to be the best choice.

On the assumption that your new phone is an iPhone 7/7 Plus, the other option is the new Beats with the Apple W1 chip. They offer a nicer pairing experience and superb battery life, but they won't sound as good as the Bose QC35 or the Beats Studio Wireless. It's possible (maybe even likely) that Apple will eventually add the W1 chip to the Beats Studio Wireless, but it depends how much of a rush you're in.

Personally, I'd still take the Bose over the Beats even with the W1 chip on balance.
Duncan S

Upcoming cruises:
09/16 - MSC Splendida (Northern Europe)

Previous cruises: See my blog!
dst87
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
Scotland

Wireless Headphones

Postby adogap » 06 Nov 2016 11:52

Hi Duncan. I have been using the Bose headphones all morning and would forget I had them on, they are so comfortable. Even when they are turned off the silence is amazing! Will be very useful when travelling on a plane full of excited children (are we nearly there yet!). I also reckon Bose are perhaps more in keeping with my age group :lol:
It is a considered purchase but I know I will get a lot of enjoyment from them.
Beats look very cool indeed but are being returned to the shop tomorrow

Chris
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Music