Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Big Country at Herne Bay

Big Country at Herne Bay

Big Country at Herne Bay

Postby Dave » 11 Nov 2016 18:24

Last night, my daughters and an OH took my wife and me to a Big Country concert in Herne Bay. :D

I've long been a big Big Country fan but I hadn't seen them since about 1998 - a few years before my hero and the front-man Stuart Adamson died. With only two of the original four band members remaining I wasn't sure what to expect. I needn't have worried though - they were brilliant and we all had a fantastic time.

The tour is to celebrate 30 years since their The Seer album, which reached #2 in the UK albums chart...

The band played the entire album then ended with half-a-dozen of their best-loved hits. My short video features two: Chance (with my daughters!) and Fields of Fire. Adding to the nostalgia of the evening was that it was a standing-only gig - something that was quite normal back in my youth, but not something I've done for nearly 30 years! 8-)

Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Big Country at Herne Bay

Postby grannyM » 11 Nov 2016 19:21

Nice one Dave. Being a Scottish group, and very good, we were also big fans. :thumbup:

Don't know if I'd be up to a 'standing' gig now. Last one we did with our kids and partners was about 6 years ago when The Proclaimers came to our wee town during a brilliant annual music week we have here called 'Live@Troon'. The town hall was packed out and all 8 of us had a fabulous time. My eldest daughter's decree nisi had just come through after a really tough acrimonious time so 'Let's get married' was somewhat changed to 'Let's NOT get married' by us. All rather silly but great fun on a really good night.

I think it's wonderful to share these events with family. :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland