Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Have you ever done Glastonbury (or similar)?

Have you ever done Glastonbury (or similar)?

Re: Have you ever done Glastonbury (or similar)?

Postby Camela » 28 Jun 2014 18:43

Yes, Fairport's Cropredy Convention. We took the narrow boat there 3 weeks before the event to get a mooring fairly close. At the end of the day had showers and a comfy bed. Glamping on the water! Mr P has done it twice since with his friends.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby CGBOWLER » 28 Jun 2014 18:46

judgegeoff wrote:
I think that I would find it really hard to think of anything I would LESS rather do than attend a Pop Festival.

Likewise Geoff.
I have attended concerts in the past but always in a comfy seat inside a hall where there was no danger of bad weather getting to me.
Oh, and of course there were civilised toilet facilities. :lol:
Irene
CGBOWLER
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby judgegeoff » 28 Jun 2014 19:17

CGBOWLER wrote:
judgegeoff wrote:
I think that I would find it really hard to think of anything I would LESS rather do than attend a Pop Festival.

Likewise Geoff.
I have attended concerts in the past but always in a comfy seat inside a hall where there was no danger of bad weather getting to me.

I should have added that classical music and Country and Western are more to my taste than modern pop.
Geoff

Booked cruise :- "MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 28 Jun 2014 21:01

CGBOWLER wrote:
judgegeoff wrote:

Likewise Geoff.

:lol: :lol:

October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby CGBOWLER » 29 Jun 2014 00:42

tomvet wrote:

:roll: :roll: Not quite what I had in mind Tom.
Brought to mind was an air display where the loos were canvas cubicles with canvas "doors" and floors resembling paddling pools.
Irene
CGBOWLER
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby tomvet » 29 Jun 2014 01:33

CGBOWLER wrote:
tomvet wrote:

:roll: :roll: Not quite what I had in mind Tom.
Brought to mind was an air display where the loos were canvas cubicles with canvas "doors" and floors resembling paddling pools.

At least the noise of the aeroplanes could drown out the sounds!!! :roll:

What about these facilities at Belfast cruise terminal?

Not a nappy changing facility in sight! :ssh:

tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby sevenseascoaster » 29 Jun 2014 06:15

A very long time ago :roll: had a super time at the High Wycombe Hell fire caves with the Rolling Stones in attendance. Now that was a rave up!!!! The joy of youth :D

Not something I could imagine enjoying now :) Now it would have to be undercover, comfy seats, decent loos and nice refreshments :lol:

Our village had a 'gig' yesterday, we could hear the music even though over a mile away, felt so sorry for all those who put so much effort in the once a year event, and the youngsters and 'with it oldies' who still attended in all the pouring rain we had here yesterday. To wake up this morning to sunshine must be of no comfort!
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Barry » 29 Jun 2014 08:23

I was at the infamous Isle of Wight festival back in 1970 8-) that was something else ( from as much as I can remember ;) ) the line up was incredible :!:

Went to others around the same time, Buxton was quite a big one then as well but was not good in 1972 when a large gang of 'hells angels' virtually took over the stage :evil: Chuck Berry did a very short set and with the idiots on stage he did a runner :roll:
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby tomvet » 29 Jun 2014 11:40

sevenseascoaster wrote:A very long time ago :roll: had a super time at the High Wycombe Hell fire caves with the Rolling Stones in attendance. Now that was a rave up!!!! The joy of youth :D

Not something I could imagine enjoying now :) Now it would have to be undercover, comfy seats, decent loos and nice refreshments :lol:

Our village had a 'gig' yesterday, we could hear the music even though over a mile away, felt so sorry for all those who put so much effort in the once a year event, and the youngsters and 'with it oldies' who still attended in all the pouring rain we had here yesterday. To wake up this morning to sunshine must be of no comfort!

So had ours Wen - we had glorious sunshine but we forgot :roll: about it until it was time to take Mai to bed and I could hear the music coming in the windows!
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Previous

Return to Music