Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Rock and Roll Baby...

Rock and Roll Baby...

Rock and Roll Baby...

Postby Stan Deasy » 31 Oct 2014 15:34

Pursuant to my topic about meeting people who have been an influence on one's life, I notice that one person who has brought me a lot of pleasure is still around....although I am not sure that he would be at the top of my list of "People I would love to meet" . :roll: especially as his nickname is "The Killer".
I'm talking about,of course, the one and only Jerry Lee Lewis :) :lol: I just love his "Great Balls of Fire" and "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On",and indeed one of my first karaoke attempts was GBOF. I would love to do a duet with him. :P
Anything may be possible because at the age of 79,he has just made a new album of blues, rock and roll,and country,with collaborators Keith Richards and Neil Young.
I did not realise that Jerry Lee was brought up in a strict Pentecostal household( which may or may not :? have been a factor in his flirtation with alcoholism,serial marriages, and allegations of domestic abuse.) The record is released on the Vanguard label btw. for any of you old rockers still around. Shakin' Stan.
Stan Deasy
Ship's Chaplain
Ship's Chaplain

Rock and Roll Baby...

Postby JollyJill » 31 Oct 2014 15:54

Stan Deasy wrote:Pursuant to my topic about meeting people who have been an influence on one's life, I notice that one person who has brought me a lot of pleasure is still around....although I am not sure that he would be at the top of my list of "People I would love to meet" . :roll: especially as his nickname is "The Killer".
I'm talking about,of course, the one and only Jerry Lee Lewis :) :lol: I just love his "Great Balls of Fire" and "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On",and indeed one of my first karaoke attempts was GBOF. I would love to do a duet with him. :P
Anything may be possible because at the age of 79,he has just made a new album of blues, rock and roll,and country,with collaborators Keith Richards and Neil Young.
I did not realise that Jerry Lee was brought up in a strict Pentecostal household( which may or may not :? have been a factor in his flirtation with alcoholism,serial marriages, and allegations of domestic abuse.) The record is released on the Vanguard label btw. for any of you old rockers still around. Shakin' Stan.

Just for you Shakin' Stan...............

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Rock and Roll Baby...

Postby Stan Deasy » 31 Oct 2014 16:54

Thanks for that Jill, but May is really exhausted after 3 and a half minutes of Jiving to Jerry Lee................ Shattered Stan :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stan Deasy
Ship's Chaplain
Ship's Chaplain

Rock and Roll Baby...

Postby JollyJill » 31 Oct 2014 17:03

Stan Deasy wrote:Thanks for that Jill, but May is really exhausted after 3 and a half minutes of Jiving to Jerry Lee................ Shattered Stan :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Music