Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Oklahoma

Oklahoma

Oklahoma

Postby tobysgranny » 12 Apr 2015 07:38

Thank you Marie I'll be singing this to myself all day.

Joan

(I may just distracted though when I go and watch Northampton Saints play Exeter Chiefs at Exeter later today. I shall probably be hoarse with no voice left to sing.)
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Oklahoma

Postby octocruiser » 12 Apr 2015 08:32

Well there's a thing !

A snippet from a song popped into my head this morning before I even read this thread

Let's go down to some big town where they love a girl for the cut of her clothes and I'm all yours in BUTTONS AND BOWS.

I love you in buckskin and shirts that I've homespun, but I'll love you longer, stronger where your friends don't tote a gun ...

I was struggling to get the rest of the lyrics or where they were from. I decided it must either be Annie get your gun or OKLAHOMA !! But neither seemed quite right - couldn't place them in the context.

Reading the thread made me look it up and of course it was neither . It was the film Paleface with Bob Hope and Jane Russell. That really dates me ! :o

After wracking my brain through a couple of musicals and a film my earworm has a whole repertoire to keep me going today .

Oh, what a beautiful morning .....Surrey with the fringe on top .....anything you can do ......my bones denounce the buckboard bounce ......OKLAHOMA !!! :lol:

Kath
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Oklahoma

Postby Wansbrough » 12 Apr 2015 09:30

We really enjoyed last nights show and out of the songs we heard the one which keeps coming back in my head is "People will say we're in love".
I hadn't realised that Gary Wilmot was in it until I read it on the poster outside.
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Oklahoma

Postby grannyM » 12 Apr 2015 09:37

Wansbrough wrote:We really enjoyed last nights show and out of the songs we heard the one which keeps coming back in my head is "People will say we're in love".
I hadn't realised that Gary Wilmot was in it until I read it on the poster outside.

Glad you enjoyed seeing Oklahoma W. Yes, nice song that one. :)

See what you started? We had a sing-a-long and then we went on to reminisce with our favourites from the Musicals. :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Oklahoma

Postby Wansbrough » 12 Apr 2015 11:00

grannyM wrote:
Wansbrough wrote:We really enjoyed last nights show and out of the songs we heard the one which keeps coming back in my head is "People will say we're in love".

Glad you enjoyed seeing Oklahoma W. Yes, nice song that one. :)

See what you started? We had a sing-a-long and then we went on to reminisce with our favourites from the Musicals. :D

Yes, I noticed you had all been busy last night. :D
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Oklahoma

Postby tomvet » 12 Apr 2015 11:39

Glad you had and enjoyable evening!

WHo is Gary Wilmot? :?
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Oklahoma

Postby JollyJill » 12 Apr 2015 12:30

Good to hear that you enjoyed it W.

Now I am singing...........