Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Dave's Digital Postcards from Seine Princess and Normandy

Dave's Digital Postcards from Seine Princess and Normandy

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Postby Dave » 10 Aug 2016 13:24

The ferry from Le Havre to Portsmouth was nothing like as posh as the one we had to Caen on the way out, but at least we had a cabin this time...

...so since the ship wasn't up to much, we spent much of the crossing dozing in the cabin! Actually, the cabin wasn't at all bad - and we even had a small window looking out over the bow. In terms of size and facilities, the bathroom was very like many we've had on cruise ships.

We arrived home after midnight and it was late before we got to bed, and having had a four-hour 'afternoon nap' yesterday I'm feeling somewhat jet-lagged today. Reviews will follow soon though. :D
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 10 Aug 2016 14:02

Look forward to them! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tobysgranny » 11 Aug 2016 06:14

tomvet wrote:
Trace wrote:Really enjoyed reading all of this Dave... Now this part of the holiday is what really appeals to me, being a lodge type holiday lover with the grand children , my type of break :)

Indeed Jo er I mean ............ Trace! Lodge or self catering cottage hols can be great :thumbup: with smallies whether you are their parent or not :D

We are spending two weeks in September in The Lakes with our daughter, partner and the two little ones. The first one is at the bottom if Windermere near Newby Bridge and the second week is where our timeshare is at Langdale. Really looking forward to it. My most favourite place.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Dave » 13 Aug 2016 14:48

Taken at Mont St Michel, this is the first time I've appeared in a selfie! :oops:

That's us... and something far less interesting in the background. :lol:
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous