Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Bratislava: A Stroll through the Old Town

Bratislava: A Stroll through the Old Town

Postby tomvet » 13 May 2017 22:51

During our visit to Bratislava we did not visit Bratislava Castle - we may visit that on another occasion.

Our ship docked underneath the castle. On disembarking the ship we double backed on ourselves walking in a down river direction with the first attraction to be seen being

St Martin's Cathedral

Walking along Panska Street one comes across the Men at Work Monument

Then continue on to Hlavne Namste

This is a real statue

This is not ...... this is a street entertainer

St Michael's Gate

Church of the Holy Trinity

Presidential Palace

----------- with the Changing of the Guard

Some fun things along the route

The window on a bakery shop .........

Bratislava Opera House

and finally the Blue Church!

After our stroll of the Old Town we headed to the UFO Tower - you can read about it HERE

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby judgegeoff » 14 May 2017 10:08

Great photos Tom, many thanks for sharing them with us. :clap:

I thought that the street artist looked more like a real statue than the actual statue! One thing I did notice was how clean and litter free the town is compared with most British towns. Whenever I return from an overseas visit I always notice how much litter we have compared with most other places overseas (and I live in a small rural town, not a busy city).

School and nursery schools aside, your lovely girls are getting a fantastic education from all your overseas holidays. And we are learning a lot too from your extensive reports of foreign destinations, so many thanks. :clap:
Geoff

Cruises Booked

P&O "Aurora" Norwegian Fjords
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 14 May 2017 10:20

judgegeoff wrote:Great photos Tom, many thanks for sharing them with us. :clap:

I thought that the street artist looked more like a real statue than the actual statue! One thing I did notice was how clean and litter free the town is compared with most British towns. Whenever I return from an overseas visit I always notice how much litter we have compared with most other places overseas (and I live in a small rural town, not a busy city).

School and nursery schools aside, your lovely girls are getting a fantastic education from all your overseas holidays. And we are learning a lot too from your extensive reports of foreign destinations, so many thanks. :clap:

I do have the same thoughts on occasion Geoff.

When I saw the Men at Work Monument, I immediately thought if we had something like that in Ireland, it would have cost the state millions in claims with people tripping over it! And then there would be a smart ass that would nick name it like we have nick named all our statues in Dublin!

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland