Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - In the public interest - Not such high quality blogging then!

In the public interest - Not such high quality blogging then!

Postby tomvet » 02 Aug 2017 20:42

I recently received an email about Wave Awards 2018 - see thislink

There are a number of categories including 'Favourite Cruise Blogger of the Year'

.......... and the nominees are ............. er I mean were ........................... 'the self proclaimed high quality blogger' (I bet the saddo nominated themself!!!)

Well lo and behold when I returned to the page 24 hours later to submit my vote there was 'the self proclaimed high quality blogger' GONE!!!! What ever could have happened? How does one explain this disappearance?

Never mind all was revealed!!! The following statement was issued!

I would like to inform you that RXXXXXX SXXXXX will be removed immediately from our Wave Awards section. Receiving information from XXXXXXXXXXX about his behaviour and reading carefully the section of the blog mentioned, we do not think RXXXXXX SXXXXX is encouraging the development of a positive cruise community.
The Wave Awards are all about promoting and recognizing the best of the cruise industry and it is now clear that RXXXXXX SXXXXX's blog does not belong to this list.
Thank you for informing us of his behaviour,

Last year they was stripped of an award, now to have a nomination removed - clearly the only entity that deems this diatribe as high quality cruise blogging is themself! Dear oh Dear!

This meat (and milk) inspectors is donning his helmet in anticipation of the backlash! :D

Edit: The last line should read, 'This meat inspector and milk maid is donning ....................! Perhaps my timber pail will be sufficient!
Last edited by tomvet on 02 Aug 2017 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Dave » 02 Aug 2017 23:22

:lol: Absolutely brilliant Tom. :clap:

I made the decision to stop reading that offensive rubbish in March 2015 - nearly two-and-a-half years ago - and I stuck to it, so I didn't know for sure that it was still being spewed out on his blog. I have noticed the blogger browsing this forum though (under another pseudonym of course) on the rare occasions that I'm up early enough, so I've wondered if he still trawls for material. I rarely think about him any more but at times such as these I love the idea that he might still be wasting his time writing stuff about me that I'll never see. :D

The statement is priceless. I wonder who tipped them off...
Dave
Booked cruise: TUI Discovery 2 - Cuban Fusion, Christmas 2017
Booked walking holidays: Auvergne, Cotswolds, Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 02 Aug 2017 23:34

Dave wrote::lol: Absolutely brilliant Tom. :clap:

I made the decision to stop reading that offensive rubbish in March 2015 - nearly two-and-a-half years ago - and I stuck to it, so I didn't know for sure that it was still being spewed out on his blog. I have noticed the blogger browsing this forum (under another pseudonym of course) on the infrequent occasions that I'm up early enough though, so I've wondered if he still trawls for material. I rarely think about him any more but at times such as these I love the idea that he might still be wasting his time writing stuff about me that I'll never see. :D

The statement is priceless. I wonder who tipped them off...

I am sure all will be revealed with 'The New Adventures of an Irish Milk Maid' is published! Then again, what ever he posts will be pure speculation! As long as he is seething over his nomination removal, I couldn't give a monkeys but I thought the cruising public ought to be kept informed!

As I said to have an award stripped and now to have a nomination removed and an explanation given as to why - that's certainly no recommendation. He still has the gall to display the award that he was stripped of on his "blog" - note the inverted commas!

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Borneo » 03 Aug 2017 10:34

I have to say I did wonder who tipped them off!!!! . :think:
Thanks for the info Tom
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 03 Aug 2017 14:34

Fantastic news, Tom! As ye sow....................!!! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Jimmy the One » 03 Aug 2017 16:37

Thanks for the heads up Tom I'm sure Dick will be livid red :lol: :lol: :lol:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: In the public interest - Not such high quality blogging then!

Postby tomvet » 04 Aug 2017 00:50

I must apologise, I used the expression 'high quality blogger' in previous posts - that should read 'genuine cruise blogger' :roll:

In a message to the members of his closed FB page (he must have altered his settings unknowingly to allow this 5h1+€ out!!!)

Here is solicits votes!

Solent
Richard‎ to QM2
The last Ocean Liner
·
July
21 at 11:54am ·

Message from your Administrator.

Good morning Members.

I have been notified by the ‘World of Cruising’ magazine that I have been shortlisted in their forthcoming ‘Wave Awards’ poll for ‘Favourite Cruise Blogger of the Year Award’

Here are two links to reviews that have recently added to this Facebook group…

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/…/queen-mary-2-remast…/

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/…/queen-mary-2-annive…/

Needless to say I’m pretty chuffed as it would appear from the shortlist that I am one of the few nominations that is neither a professional journalist nor dedicated travel writer.

I take the view that this appears to be a golden opportunity for a genuine cruise blogger, who receives no official recognition or financial incentive, who pays for his cruises, whose reviews contain his own photographs and whose reviews are completely written
without fear, favour or bias. It would be really good to show them all how it should be done.

May I please take this opportunity to ask as many of the membership as possible to support my nomination. Of course it also gives you the opportunity to vote for Cunard in two other categories:-

Favourite Ocean Cruise Line of the Year

and

Favourite Luxury/Premium Cruise Line of the Year

Here is the link to vote…

http://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/vote

May I take this opportunity to thank you in anticipation of your support.
See More

Golden opportunity turns to lost opportunity!

Don't you mean show them all 'how not to do it rather than how it should be done'? We go from 'One way to do' to 'How not to do' :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing I do agree is that Dick is correct when he admits he is not professional - in fact he is far from it!

Chuffed? - Not any more Dick!!!!

tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Gillzajoker » 04 Aug 2017 10:57

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: In the public interest - Not such high quality blogging then!

Postby suespud » 04 Aug 2017 11:29

HE HAD IT COMING.....HE HAD IT COMING....HE ONLY HAD HIMSELF TO BLAME...... :lol: :lol:

Well Done to whoever was responsible... ;) ;) :clap:
suespud
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

National Flag:
England

Postby Mungo » 04 Aug 2017 11:30

:lol: :thumbup:
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Next