Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Toddlers in pools

Toddlers in pools

Toddlers in pools

Postby Camela » 07 Aug 2017 19:29

DS and DIL have discovered today that our 2 year old grandson won't be allowed in the pool on Navigator wearing a Baby Swim Nappy. Cruise is later this month and they are really annoyed given that they chose RCI having done 3 cruises - pre babies - with them and always thought they were family friendly. I guess it's US regulations but how would they know that when they booked?
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Toddlers in pools

Postby Mungo » 07 Aug 2017 19:48

Oh that's disappointing to now find out. :(

I think only Royal Caribbean ships that have a Splash pool allow toddlers in nappies. Independence does.

I do think cruise lines should offer far more information at the booking stage rather than expecting people to Research every single thing about the ship.

P&O are very reserved in telling you how many child places are available, having to phone up to check.

My little grandson despite only being 11 weeks has 3 cruises booked. :lol: Most cruise lines only allow babies aged 6 months to sail so he'll be 6 months and 2 days on his first ever cruise! My daughter has just bought a little blow up pool that she intends using for him on board! :mrgreen:
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Toddlers in pools

Postby tomvet » 07 Aug 2017 19:58

MSC and Costa had a similar policy but they rarely enforced it. Did I say 'rarely' - I mean never!

We are now beyond that stage of life and don't even have to pack swim nappies any more!

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Camela » 07 Aug 2017 21:28

Rites of passage Tom! We said that it might not be enforced but DIL has been online and found all the negative comments. Oh well, there's nothing they can do now but to go with the positives.
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Toddlers in pools

Postby keith6400 » 10 Aug 2017 17:07

Camela wrote:DS and DIL have discovered today that our 2 year old grandson won't be allowed in the pool on Navigator wearing a Baby Swim Nappy. Cruise is later this month and they are really annoyed given that they chose RCI having done 3 cruises - pre babies - with them and always thought they were family friendly. I guess it's US regulations but how would they know that when they booked?

Some people take their own inflatable pool on board. Used on a quiet deck with a small pool on it you can fill it up from that. Obviously an air pump and a bucket will also be needed. Finally dump the water down the drainage system all ships have for rainwater.

Regarding children and clubs RCI start at 3yrs and P&O 2yrs which is an important difference to some cruisers.

Regards Keith
keith6400
Commander
Commander

Postby Camela » 11 Aug 2017 10:28

That's an idea, thanks Keith will pass that on.
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Postby Camela » 11 Aug 2017 10:30

Sorry Mungo, I'd missed that you suggested a blow up pool too.
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Return to RCI