Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Magellan cabin 6211 superior plus outside

Magellan cabin 6211 superior plus outside

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 01 Oct 2017 20:00

well we where upgraded to a superior plus outside cabin on deck 6. This was a nice surprise considering we got the cruise at very cheap price to start with.

It was situated at the aft of the ship on the hump (think that's what its called). This cabin was subject to noise and vibration due to the location of the pully for the ropes for docking. The noise the ropes made was horrendous but it only lasted a few minutes the trouble is the last day it was 4am :lol:. There was also some vibration more than other areas of ship during rough weather but that's to be expected and wasn't to much of a problem for us. This isn't made clear though in the literature provided by CMV which I think could be an issue for some.

The cabin itself had a large picture window and was made up as a twin but could be made up as a double. This was one of the largest cabins I have actually had there was a safe in the room, flat screen tv and kettle with tea and coffee. This was a nice addition which we were not expecting and the lower grade cabins did not have this. There were loads of shelf space within the wardrobe as well as two double wardrobes and a large chest of drawers built into the dressing table. The room also had a hairdryer and full length mirror. There was lots of lighting also through out the room. The bathroom was compact as usual but more than adequate for our needs and bigger than some I have had on other ships. There was two large bottles of what I assume was shower gel and shampoo in the shower but not sure as it wasn't labelled and they where a horrid colour :lol:. I didn't use these as I am allergic to most shower gels and shampoos so use my own brand of toiletries.

cabin
cabin bathroom
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby judgegeoff » 02 Oct 2017 00:37

Many thanks for taking the time to write this Donna, it is always very useful to receive such a cabin review. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Geoff

Cruises Booked

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 02 Oct 2017 08:54

judgegeoff wrote:Many thanks for taking the time to write this Donna, it is always very useful to receive such a cabin review. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree with Geoff - and many thanks from me too! :D
Dave
Booked cruise: TUI Discovery 2 - Cuban Fusion, Christmas 2017
Booked walking holidays: Auvergne, Cotswolds, Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Magellan cabin 6211 superior plus outside

Postby khkate » 02 Oct 2017 09:34

And me too!
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Borneo » 02 Oct 2017 16:52

It's nice to see what different cabins look like . Only done Saga.
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom