Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - The quintessential difference between men and women!

The quintessential difference between men and women!

If you can't decide where a new topic should go, then put it here.

Postby judgegeoff » 10 Nov 2017 13:01

Last week our immediate family all assembled at a hotel in Colchester for two nights as our youngest daughter was getting married. A few days later my eldest daughter posted a photograph on 'Facebook' entitled "The quintessential difference between men and women summed up in one sentence" that she had taken at the hotel :-

I thought I would share it with my forum friends. We were there just for 2 nights! :lol:

Does anybody else have anything similar that illustrates the difference between the sexes?
Geoff

Cruises Booked

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: The quintessential difference between men and women!

Postby Seamouse » 10 Nov 2017 17:00

I was good, I only took 2 pairs. Our girls have always liked their shoes!!
Chris

Cruises booked :-

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
Seamouse
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Borneo » 10 Nov 2017 17:35

Yep, you lot only wear trousers, where as the ladies can wear trousers or skirts. But yes even though I usually only wear trousers I would still take more than two.
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 10 Nov 2017 19:46

I can imagine that a subject such as this could become quite contentious! We are not very PC in this respect - my wife cooks, does the washing and ironing; I vacuum, do DIY and gardening, and car-related stuff. And neither of us would have it any other way. :D

I don't have anything to illustrate the point, but on a related matter... This morning I looked on Tesco's website for a Batman outfit for my grandson Luca. I was surprised to find that although I could filter the search results by age, it wasn't possible to filter them by gender. So the results for 'costumes' included mermaids, princesses, Wonder Woman, etc. as well as Superman, Batman, etc. How very PC of Tesco - except of course that every 'girl's' costume was being modelled by a girl, and every 'boy's' costume was being modelled by a boy. :think: :lol:

Anyway, we found just the thing. :D

Dave
Booked cruise: TUI Discovery 2 - Cuban Fusion, Christmas 2017
Booked walking holidays: Auvergne, Cotswolds, Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby keith6400 » 10 Nov 2017 23:05

If you go to a McDonalds with a woman and ask her what she would like often you find she will say "I'll just have a burger, ohh and a drink". You say "You don't want a meal?" "No" comes the stern reply. So you purchase a Quarter pounder, a diet coke and a Quarter pounder meal with a coke for yourself. As soon as you sit down she is trying to take your blinking chips. What is that about?

Regards Keith
keith6400
Commander
Commander

Postby grannyM » 11 Nov 2017 12:12

keith6400 wrote:If you go to a McDonalds with a woman and ask her what she would like often you find she will say "I'll just have a burger, ohh and a drink". You say "You don't want a meal?" "No" comes the stern reply. So you purchase a Quarter pounder, a diet coke and a Quarter pounder meal with a coke for yourself. As soon as you sit down she is trying to take your blinking chips. What is that about?

Regards Keith

Ah but!... what about a man who doesn't want a bag of crisps and then wants some of mine. Only a few he says. Now with the deceasing amount in a bag of crisps a 'few' could be near enough the whole packet. :o

So Keith, I suggest this is not really a gender issue at all. :lol:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Return to or something completely different!