Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Booking Seats

Booking Seats

Booking Seats

Postby divingbrit » 28 Nov 2017 17:33

Fred Olsen has emailed me (at a price) the opportunity to choose my seat on a forthcoming Thomas Cook flight, is this something new, no one has posted about it before
Scuba diving is not a Sport its an Art
divingbrit
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Booking Seats

Postby Dave » 28 Nov 2017 19:08

divingbrit wrote:Fred Olsen has emailed me (at a price) the opportunity to choose my seat on a forthcoming Thomas Cook flight, is this something new, no one has posted about it before

We've done lots of FO cruises but only two were fly-cruises. We weren't 'invited' to select our seats and we sat together each time.

We've also done quite a few TUI / Thomson cruises and they've all been fly-cruises. We've always been offered 'select your seats' at a (quite hefty) price. We used to think it wasn't worth paying because we'd always been sat together anyway... until last Christmas when we weren't. So for this Christmas to be on the safe side we've paid up, and I've got the window seats. :D

It sounds to me as if Fred Olsen has decided to make a bit extra by copying TUI.
Dave
Booked cruise: TUI Discovery 2 - Cuban Fusion, Christmas 2017
Booked walking holidays: Auvergne, Cotswolds, Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Booking Seats

Postby khkate » 28 Nov 2017 21:35

Although it wasn't for a cruise, when we did South Africa with Saga earlier this year, we were given the option of paying to select a seat or upgrade. In the end, we were able to go direct to the SAA website and choose seats anyway, and of course there, there was the option to pay extra for seats with extra legroom. We didn't take up the "extra fee" option on any of the flights and had good seats together with plenty of legroom each time.
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral