Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Formal?

Formal?

Formal?

Postby Marrob 33 » 02 Dec 2017 21:25

Can anyone say how formal is Marco Polo?
We are doing a Fiords cruise next May,but as we've never been on this ship,we have no idea as to the level of dress code regarded as usual.
Any information will be gratefully accepted.
Marrob 33
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Formal?

Postby khkate » 03 Dec 2017 11:39

We did Marco Polo in 2009 - there was a couple of formal nights and the other nights were casual. I'm not sure whether the dress code applies across the ship on formal nights. Not sure what lines you have done before, but I would say its on a par with Fred Olsen and Saga, definitely not like Cunard.
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Formal?

Postby adogap » 03 Dec 2017 15:13

Unfortunately I have not sailed with CMV. There are a few Youtube videos which may give you an idea of life on board

Chris
Xmas, Queen Victoria, Dec. 2017
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
Canada, Queen Mary 2, September 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Formal?

Postby Jeffo » 03 Dec 2017 18:15

There is also a Facebook group called Friends who like Cruise & Maritime Voyages (CMV). You'll get all the answers you need on there. :)
Booked Cruises:
05 December 2017 Braemar - Voyage to the Caribbean back to back with:
21 December 2017 Braemar - Caribbean Christmas and New Year
31 August 2018 Astoria - Poole/Rouen/Honfleur/Poole
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (4), Braemar (6), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1)
Jeffo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Formal?

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 03 Dec 2017 20:46

Its traditional style cruising so yes its more formal than say Royal Caribbean and thomson. We where on Magellan and from what i remember everyone dressed formally on formal night didn't see anyone not in formal attire. To be honest I possibly wouldn't have noticed if they hadn't. However most men was dark suits and ties rather than tuxedos although there was still a high number of tuxedos. Woman i saw a few very formal looking ladies in ballgowns but most where wearing trousers suits or evening dresses not sure if it applied in most areas of the ship but I know it didn't apply in the buffet if that helps.
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain