Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Spirit of Discovery - French and Spanish Flavours - October 2019

Spirit of Discovery - French and Spanish Flavours - October 2019

Re: Spirit of Discovery - French and Spanish Flavours - October 2019

Postby Camela » 27 Oct 2019 17:22

We're ok with them on a high shelf. We always adjust ours to fit when we go on board, especially now that on many musters you don't take jacket with you.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby newmember » 27 Oct 2019 18:22

The Discovery has solved the problem by not having any shelves in the wardrobe....(in standard cabins - I understand that the de-luxe cabins have shelves, which are too high for many people to reach anyway). Under the bed will be full of shoes, as even without the lifejackets there is not much floor space in the wardrobe. On the plus side, there are lots of hangers, including two special ones for scarves/belts (I must be doing something wrong, I tried using them for shawls, being as how there was insufficient drawer space, and they all promptly slid off as soon as the door was closed).
Incidentally, watch out with the right hand sliding door in the standard cabin - there is a big metal "stop" on the inside, with sharp corners; it is exactly the right shape and position to tear shirt sleeves. I covered ours up with band-aids.
newmember
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Seamouse » 31 Oct 2019 16:46

Enjoyed reading your review of the New Ship, sounds like it has been designed by someone who does not go cruising!! Seems like you just enjoyed relaxing on board this time, especially as the weather didn't sound too kind, either. Hope you enjoy your next cruise, I shall look forward to reading about it.
Chris
Seamouse
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Spirit of Discovery - French and Spanish Flavours - October 2019

Postby grannyM » 10 Nov 2019 11:17

Thank you Lesley. I have not had much time for the forum these past few weeks but I really enjoyed having a quiet morning to read your very comprehensive and informative review.

I am so glad that you and Harry have managed yet another cruise and still looking forward to more. :thumbup:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Previous