Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Bolette - UK & Ireland Island Explorer July 2021

Bolette - UK & Ireland Island Explorer July 2021

Postby Jeffo » 03 Oct 2020 09:13

We've booked this 13 night cruise from Dover. Having survived this summer here in Bournemouth, we feel confident that by next summer a lot more experience will have been gained in protecting ourselves as much as possible from the corona virus. Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has said that they intend to keep their ships cleaned to hospital standards. We have chosen a Terrace Cabin with a sliding door onto the promenade deck for fresh air. Ports of call are Guernsey, St Mary's Scilly Isles, Cobh, Douglas Isle of Man, Rothesay Isle Of Bute Cruising, Kirkwall Orkney Islands, Stornoway Isle of Lewis, Cruising Sound of Mull, Cruising by Dutchmans Cap (Bec Mor), Cruising by Fingals Cave, Isle of Staffa, Belfast overnight and back to Dover. Apart from Cobh they are all UK ports. What will be will be and mentally it has given us something to focus on at this time. :)
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (5), Braemar (9), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1) Astoria (1)
Jeffo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 03 Oct 2020 11:01

Well done, Jeffo - we have to 'live' again sooner or later, and that sounds like a good starting point. :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: Bolette - UK & Ireland Island Explorer July 2021

Postby Camela » 03 Oct 2020 18:09

Brilliant and you get to try out the 'new' ship too.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby Jeffo » 04 Oct 2020 09:11

Gillzajoker wrote:Well done, Jeffo - we have to 'live' again sooner or later, and that sounds like a good starting point. :D

That's nice Gill - thank you. :wave:
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (5), Braemar (9), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1) Astoria (1)
Jeffo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Bolette - UK & Ireland Island Explorer July 2021

Postby Jeffo » 04 Oct 2020 09:15

Camela wrote:Brilliant and you get to try out the 'new' ship too.

Yes Camela - I hope I like it ! Hopefully by the time we go, some teething problems may have been ironed out too. :wave:
Previous Cruises :
Jeffo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 06 Oct 2020 14:51

We received a Fred Olsen brochure the other day. My wife was about to throw it away, but flicked through it first...

To cut a long story short, we decided that we quite fancy doing an around Britain cruise again (we did one in 2006 on Black Watch) - if and when cruising returns to something very like before.

Bolette looks like our kind of ship (not unlike TUI's Explorers and Discoverys) and sailing from Dover would suit us perfectly. We've never been to Northern Ireland, so the Scenic Islands of the British Isles itinerary looks just the thing. (I can't find the cruise named in the topic title so perhaps it's the same one?)
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Jeffo » 11 Oct 2020 10:10

Dave wrote: (I can't find the cruise named in the topic title so perhaps it's the same one?)

We've booked the 11th July departure Dave, if that helps. :think:
Previous Cruises :
Jeffo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom