Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - That's Christmas 2018 sorted (on Marella Explorer)!

That's Christmas 2018 sorted (on Marella Explorer)!

Postby Jimmy the One » 14 Jun 2018 08:48

Trace wrote:
Jimmy the One wrote:Would like to have a Christmas cruise but Sheena wants it at home with the family.Need to look at Thomoson brochure the new ships look fab. :thumbup:
Good on you Dave for booking early look forward to the review.We have also booked early for next year

Jimmy, I would definitely recommend the Discovery... I have to say she is one of my favourite ships, along with the Ventura.

Their new ship, the Marella Explorer looked very impressive in Palma on 2nd June... I wish I had taken photos for Dave, but i didn't bother with camera hardly at all, as the rest of the family were using theirs. I was just happy being with my grandchildren :)

Thanks Tracey that has spurred me on to pop in to our TA and get a brochure our last Tomson ship was Celebration :thumbup:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Dave » 27 Sep 2018 12:50

This morning I walked to the TUI shop in Canterbury to pay the balance for our Christmas Caribbean cruise. I could have paid over the phone, but it's a very enjoyable walk - especially on a beautiful day like today. ;)

We've now pretty much settled into doing just the one cruise a year - in the Caribbean - because, while we've become less enthusiastic about cruising, nothing beats spending a week on assorted Caribbean beaches at Christmas! 8-)

We began doing Christmas Caribbean cruises back in 2013 and, with just the one exception, we've done one each year since:

2013: Thomson Dream
2014: Thomson Dream
2015: Costa Diadema in the Mediterranean - the exception. We had the Grand Suite Samsara for the price of a modest Thomson/TUI cabin in the Caribbean, but...
2016: TUI Discovery :D
2017: Marella Discovery 2
2018: Marella Explorer

Quite simply, we've enjoyed all of our Thomson/TUI/Marella cruises immensely and we've no intention of cruising with anyone else. :thumbup:
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 27 Sep 2018 13:06

Why change for change's sake? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I'm sure you'll
have just as good a time on this forthcoming one as on all the last! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby room24 » 15 Oct 2018 19:24

Managed to have a cruise on her for a week in June this year soon after she became Marella Explorer
We flew from Gatwick to Palma and transfer to the ship was easy & straightforward
It was a last minute booking so the only choice we had was for an inside stateroom
I thought that there was plenty of room for the two of us....and had no complaints about the room
Actually had no complaints the entire cruise....crew were fine.
I think you'll have a great time on this ship....I enjoyed my week on board & the ports we visited
room24

Previous