Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Last time Saga

Last time Saga

Last time Saga

Postby Borneo » 16 Mar 2019 11:04

Cruisemad quote
We are taking a 14 night cruise to the Baltic on Discovery in a standard balcony for under £3000 each, whereas a balcony on Queen Victoria would start around £2300 before gratuities, drinks etc. plus the added bonus of half the

I can’t sea any offer of Baltic’s on Discovery that is under £3000 !!
We are on Discovery maiden and it’s £3,335 .our cruise on Spirit of Adventure Baltic’s is £3,914
One we have booked on Sapphire, northern lights . £2,419 :o

Borneo Julia
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Last time Saga

Postby cruisemad » 16 Mar 2019 16:31

We booked Splendour of the Baltic for £2976pp in a J grade cabin, I believe that is under £3000? June 2nd 2020.
That included £60 travel insurance.
The fact that you cannot see it now is irrelevant. I hope an apology is forthcoming.
cruisemad

National Flag:
England

Postby Dave » 16 Mar 2019 17:16

cruisemad wrote:We booked Splendour of the Baltic for £2976pp in a J grade cabin, I believe that is under £3000? June 2nd 2020.
The fact that you cannot see it now is irrelevant. I hope an apology is forthcoming.

Hi cruisemad. I'm not sure why you feel an apology is due. Surely Borneo simply stated that she couldn't see a particular offer - not that there never was one. But regardless, I hope we are able to discuss such things without finding offence... :)
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Booked land-based holidays 2019: April - Surrey, June - Snowdonia, July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Last time Saga

Postby cruisemad » 16 Mar 2019 17:39

Borneo wrote:Cruisemad quote

I can’t sea any offer of Baltic’s on Discovery that is under £3000 !!

Borneo Julia

Dave wrote:
cruisemad wrote:We booked Splendour of the Baltic for £2976pp in a J grade cabin, I believe that is under £3000? June 2nd 2020.

Hi cruisemad. I'm not sure why you feel an apology is due. Surely Borneo simply stated that she couldn't see a particular offer - not that there never was one. But regardless, I hope we are able to discuss such things without finding offence... :)

By adding 2 exclamation marks to her assertion that she couldn't see any cruise to the Baltics it certainly seemed that she was to put it kindly 'calling into question' my statement.
Unsurprisingly I found that hurtful and yes I did find offence, sorry if that causes a problem to you.
As a regular Saga cruiser she would know that the earlier you book the better the discounts, it wasn't an offer as such, just their standard pricing practice,
cruisemad

National Flag:
England

Last time Saga

Postby Borneo » 16 Mar 2019 19:00

Shame you feel offended when none was intended. I am aware of Saga pricing. Our cruises were booked with Sagas 35% off early booking, plus 5% Pre register which is why my surprise ( maybe I should have put a surprise emoji face )
The point I felt more important was the increase prices of the new ships compared by the Sapphire price .
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Last time Saga

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 16 Mar 2019 22:39

Borneo wrote:Shame you feel offended when none was intended. I am aware of Saga pricing. Our cruises were booked with Sagas 35% off early booking, plus 5% Pre register which is why my surprise ( maybe I should have put a surprise emoji face )
The point I felt more important was the increase prices of the new ships compared by the Sapphire price .

I took it as you meaning you wanted that offer but couldn't find it :lol: not that you thought the offer didn't exist more that you missed out.

Oh well funny how we all read things differently. Im still too young for saga :o :o
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby Carwalsick » 17 Mar 2019 21:35

Maybe cruisemad should calm down and stop looking for unintended innuendo.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
November 2019 Spirit of Discovery Spanish Islands of The Atlantic
April 2020 Saga Sapphire Coast to Coast
July 2020 Spirit of Discovery Arctic Expedition
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby cruisemad » 17 Mar 2019 22:09

And this is a site that touts itself as friendly?
Calm down? so patronising.
cruisemad

National Flag:
England

Postby Dave » 18 Mar 2019 14:52

cruisemad wrote:And this is a site that touts itself as friendly?
Calm down? so patronising.

I think I can honestly say the forum hasn't touted itself as anything for quite some time.

It's true that until a couple of years ago the forum header image included the words "...the friendly forum", but I always saw that as an aspiration rather than a description. After all, it would only take one person to register and make a few innocuous posts before becoming unfriendly and, in so doing, make the slogan untrue - a self-fulfilling contradiction as it were.

And, to be honest, when I redesigned the header to reflect our inclusion of other kinds of holiday and travel, I left out the word "friendly" because I have to admit that one or two of our members were anything but! Most are very nice though...
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Booked land-based holidays 2019: April - Surrey, June - Snowdonia, July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Carwalsick » 18 Mar 2019 15:44

Well said Dave. Ever the diplomat!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
November 2019 Spirit of Discovery Spanish Islands of The Atlantic
April 2020 Saga Sapphire Coast to Coast
July 2020 Spirit of Discovery Arctic Expedition