Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Spirit of Discovery

Spirit of Discovery

Spirit of Discovery

Postby Borneo » 16 May 2019 14:45

We are booked on the maiden two cruises of Saga new ship which sails 10th July. Around Britain and then B to B Channel Islands hop. Looking forward to seeing new ship. Surprise the excursions have gone up on line in Manage my booking.
Lots of options on excursions. Ports of call are
Dover. Newcastle. Edinburgh. Kirkwall. Belfast. Liverpool.Dublin . Cobh. Portland.Guernsey . Southampton. Dover . Then Guernsey . Brest, France Portland Dover.
Definitely doing Falkirk Wheel. Scapa Flow is another on the list. I’m so excited.
Borneo
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Spirit of Discovery

Postby Dave » 16 May 2019 14:58

Borneo wrote:We are booked on the maiden two cruises of Saga new ship which sails 10th July. Around Britain and then B to B Channel Islands hop. Looking forward to seeing new ship. Surprise the excursions have gone up on line in Manage my booking.
Lots of options on excursions. Ports of call are
Dover. Newcastle. Edinburgh. Kirkwall. Belfast. Liverpool.Dublin . Cobh. Portland.Guernsey . Southampton. Dover . Then Guernsey . Brest, France Portland Dover.
Definitely doing Falkirk Wheel. Scapa Flow is another on the list. I’m so excited.
Borneo

I'll make a point of going to Dover to take some photos of the ship on at least one of those three days! ;)

Actually, we did something similar some years ago on Black Watch. We did an around-the-British Isles cruise from Dover back-to-back with a fjords cruise. Having Dover halfway through as a 'port of call' felt quite strange since we live only 30 minutes away!
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Booked land-based holidays 2019: April - Surrey, June - Snowdonia, July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Spirit of Discovery

Postby Borneo » 16 May 2019 15:43

Dave I think for us it will be quite nice at Dover to not have to go home :thumbup:. Did ask on a previous post about the Dover underground tunnels. Fan Bay. I’ve yet to look into that .
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Spirit of Discovery

Postby jacktar » 17 May 2019 12:44

We are booked for a cruise to Norway on Spirit of Discovery in September. Any tips on booking of the various dining options would be appreciated.

Rnjoy your cruise.
jacktar
Ensign
Ensign

Spirit of Discovery

Postby Borneo » 17 May 2019 14:56

jacktar wrote:We are booked for a cruise to Norway on Spirit of Discovery in September. Any tips on booking of the various dining options would be appreciated.

Rnjoy your cruise.

We have just had the shore excursions book. Very posh has your name and cabin number. It also has lots of information, one being the extra dining which has to be reserved and you can do by phoning reception to book your table. Not sure how it will work out, but hope it does.
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom