Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Spirit of Discovery

Spirit of Discovery

Spirit of Discovery

Postby Borneo » 14 Jul 2019 17:18

Oh we didn’t see her and certainly no one said. We did spirit of Adventure some time ago , Vietnam,Cambodia ,

Kirkwall was lovely, weather bit dull but people were nice and welcoming.

We did Scapa Flow and the Italian church, which is beautiful. It all meant a bit more to me as last year I read a book .Under the Maltese Sky, A romance during the war in Malta and she fell in love with an Italian , the story then went on to tell how the Italian prisoner of war were taken to the Scapa Flow to build the defence barriers, and how they built the church .
Funny how when you’ve read about something and then get the chance to see it for real , it brings it all to life.

Day at sea tomorrow on way to Belfast .

Julia
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Spirit of Discovery

Postby Gillzajoker » 15 Jul 2019 11:43

I love seeing places I've read about in a book, Julia, makes it that bit more special! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Spirit of Discovery

Postby Borneo » 15 Jul 2019 16:34

Love this ship, only problem , we are booked on Sapphire next February not sure how we will feel after this experience.

The bathroom has a light around the mirror, which dims and stays dim all night those of a certain age and need to visit the bathroom in the night it is a godsend. Small raise into the bathroom

Went to the Britannia lounge last night to watch some entertainment. With it being a lot of glass . The roof and sides are glass, it can make it feel a bit cold .

The entertainment has gone 100% brilliant, and something different in each venue.

The ship does have a special engine, that’s if it’s got one , you can’t hear a thing. You never know if you’ve sailed away or docked, yesterday I heard what was the anchor going down. That’s the first time I’ve heard anything.
You have to be on here to know what we are saying.

Hazel has given her talks . Unfortunately the lads are having difficulty in getting the sound and the projector to cooperate :lol: . Hazel in her professional style has handled it well. She really does give an excellent talk
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Spirit of Discovery

Postby grannyM » 15 Jul 2019 18:04

Gillzajoker wrote:I love seeing places I've read about in a book, Julia, makes it that bit more special! :D

Me too Julia and Gill. It is also when you realise that some Fiction can be quite educational at times. :)

Thank you for your thoughts about this new ship experience. As I'm reading it I keep thinking about why, as we do particularly like the big shiny new ones too, and it's because that's how we started cruising and most times since. It's a hard act to follow. :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Previous