Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - It never hurts to ask....................

It never hurts to ask....................

Postby bobbyoscar » 08 Oct 2019 11:30

We are booked to the Canaries for 2020 and I had noticed that for new bookings for the same cruise now have 2 extra perks added for our grade of cabin. We have them already for us as we had transferred a booking made onboard but Andy’s carer, Cami, who is travelling with us doesn’t as her booking was made later (it states in the T & Cs that they can’t be added to an existing booking).

Nevertheless, I decided to contact them to ask if it was possible to add them as her booking was made on the day the bookings went live and hadn’t been amended at all. They confirmed they couldn’t add them to an existing booking but as goodwill gesture will add $250 OBC to her account, so we and she are very pleased with that. :thumbup: :clap: :D

and the moral of the story is ...................................?
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Porto- Vigo
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby judgegeoff » 08 Oct 2019 12:31

Well done, an excellent and fair result - and a lesson for the rest of us. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"Marella Dream" - Turkey, Greece and Israel 2019
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 09 Oct 2019 10:06

Well done Glynis. I am pleased to learn that Celebrity have had such a positive response to your enquiry about Cami's booking :thumbup:

Much better than we did with Holland America in 2011. A booking made almost 12 months in advance for a Baltics cruise did not offer any OBC or free parking at Dover despite asking at time of booking. 6 months before the cruise and new bookings were being offered both. The price for the cruise had also been reduced so I did speak to them about getting the extras but NO was the definitive answer. Put us off booking so far in advance and never sailed with HAL again either. :(
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Gillzajoker » 09 Oct 2019 11:18

Excellent news, Glynis - I'm very pleased for you all! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Return to Celebrity