Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - We've booked with Cruise Select

We've booked with Cruise Select

Our Featured Agent - Remember to mention Cruising Mates when booking!

We've booked with Cruise Select

Postby Dave » 13 Aug 2013 12:26

I thought I'd just mention that we booked our summer 2014 cruise (Costa Deliziosa - here we come again!) with Cruise Select.

We don't tend to shop around for the cheapest deal when booking a cruise. Sometimes we book directly with the cruise line, as we've done with Viking and Thomson, because agents don't seem able to beat their prices anyway.

Usually though, other factors come into play and in recent years we've chosen an agent to book with in order to show our appreciation for something. For example, we booked several cruises through an online agent who once provided a forum for me to play on. (They lost our business when I was banned from their forum for telling some people I'd started this one!) Then Bolsover Cruise Club started posting offers on Cruising Mates so we booked this summer's cruise through them, and very excellent agents they are too. But Bolsover haven't been here much recently so this time we used Cruise Select because I really appreciate their input to our forum. :thumbup:

We're off to a very promising start, with Bella from Cruise Select being extremely competent, helpful and efficient. :D

Do you use a particular agent through habit, proximity, loyalty, price... or for some other reason? :?:
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
User avatar
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer
 
Posts: 13456
Joined: 24 Feb 2011 16:25
Location: Whitstable
National Flag:
United Kingdom

We've booked with Cruise Select

Postby grannyM » 13 Aug 2013 15:37

Certainly do Dave. I think I've mentioned it more than once. It's Stewart Travel who until recently were a local family owned business. We have always been happy with the service and they would match prices I found on the net. However although they do maintain the name they are affliated with a larger TA. At the moment the branch here is still run by the same member of the original family and the staff are all the same but we shall have to wait and see if the excellent service they have provided continues. :?
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 17714
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 12:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

We've booked with Cruise Select

Postby Skier Pete » 13 Aug 2013 16:45

Dave wrote:I thought I'd just mention that we booked our summer 2014 cruise (Costa Deliziosa - here we come again!) with Cruise Select.

We don't tend to shop around for the cheapest deal when booking a cruise. Sometimes we book directly with the cruise line, as we've done with Viking and Thomson, because agents don't seem able to beat their prices anyway.

Usually though, other factors come into play and in recent years we've chosen an agent to book with in order to show our appreciation for something. For example, we booked several cruises through an online agent who once provided a forum for me to play on. (They lost our business when I was banned from their forum for telling some people I'd started this one!) Then Bolsover Cruise Club started posting offers on Cruising Mates so we booked this summer's cruise through them, and very excellent agents they are too. But Bolsover haven't been here much recently so this time we used Cruise Select because I really appreciate their input to our forum. :thumbup:

We're off to a very promising start, with Bella from Cruise Select being extremely competent, helpful and efficient. :D

Do you use a particular agent through habit, proximity, loyalty, price... or for some other reason? :?:

Oh NO, I think you should see your GP urgently as I diagnose a severe case of YELLOW fever , possibly brought about as the result of an encounter with a FUNNEL web spider (they have a very nasty bite you know!!)
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image


Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 5620
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 14:37
Location: Caerphilly
National Flag:
England

Re: We've booked with Cruise Select

Postby tomvet » 13 Aug 2013 16:48

I am afraid that I have chopped and changed

Westerdam - cruisedeals.com
Pearl - smartcruiser.com
Cristal - Addisson Travel, UK
Victory - Vacationstogo
Thomson - Thomson
Jade - Vacationstogo
Fantasia - seascanner.com
Lirica - local high street travel agent

I tend to shop around until I get the best price!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 14:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Re: We've booked with Cruise Select

Postby cruiseselect » 15 Aug 2013 15:37

Thank you to Dave for booking with us and for you post on here.
I'm certain Bella will look after, she is excellent, as all our staff are to be honest.
User avatar
cruiseselect
Commodore
Commodore
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: 01 Mar 2013 14:07
Location: Bedford
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: We've booked with Cruise Select

Postby tomvet » 15 Aug 2013 19:02

cruiseselect wrote:Thank you to Dave for booking with us and for you post on here.
I'm certain Bella will look after, she is excellent, as all our staff are to be honest.



I called Cruiseselect today and told the girl that I was not calling to make a booking or enquire, it was a general query looking for advice and there was no problem, she was happy to answer as many questions as I was willing to ask. I was very impressed! :thumbup:

I will admit I did try a call a more notable agency and was holding on for dear life until I was asked to leave a message after 10 mins of holding on! C/Select answered after 3 rings -that's service :thumbup: :clap:
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 14:15
National Flag:
Ireland

We've booked with Cruise Select

Postby bobbyoscar » 15 Aug 2013 19:51

I've booked with Cruise Select for next year and have Julie looking after us; so helpful and accommodating.
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger CANX
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: 01 Jun 2011 20:16
Location: Bedford
National Flag:
England

We've booked with Cruise Select

Postby JollyJill » 30 Apr 2016 15:25

I am bumping this thread to remind members of the benefits of booking with cruise select.

I confess, that when looking at my paperwork for our forthcoming Oceania Cruise (I was looking at the excursions on offer), I noticed on the invoice that there was no discount included.
I thought I had mentioned that I was a member of cruising mates when I booked but obviously hadn't. It would appear that neither had Wen when she booked the following day.

I rang Cruise Select this morning and spoke to Bella. She was most helpful, apologised for the omission and promised that the 5% pp of the money paid, would be in our bank account within 5 working days. I mentioned our travelling companions (Wen & Paul) and she said that she would do the same for them too. :)

Now that's what I call good service.

Thanks Bella. :thumbup:
Image

36 cruises on 26 ships.







Image
User avatar
JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
 
Posts: 17494
Joined: 26 Feb 2011 14:26
Location: Hampshire
National Flag:
United Kingdom

We've booked with Cruise Select

Postby sevenseascoaster » 30 Apr 2016 16:38

JollyJill wrote:I am bumping this thread to remind members of the benefits of booking with cruise select.

I confess, that when looking at my paperwork for our forthcoming Oceania Cruise (I was looking at the excursions on offer), I noticed on the invoice that there was no discount included.
I thought I had mentioned that I was a member of cruising mates when I booked but obviously hadn't. It would appear that neither had Wen when she booked the following day.

I rang Cruise Select this morning and spoke to Bella. She was most helpful, apologised for the omission and promised that the 5% pp of the money paid, would be in our bank account within 5 working days. I mentioned our travelling companions (Wen & Paul) and she said that she would do the same for them too. :)

Now that's what I call good service.

Thanks Bella. :thumbup:


:) :) :) Brilliant Jill and Cruise Select, the price just keeps getting better and better :)
Wen

Image

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
User avatar
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 5482
Joined: 18 Apr 2011 23:18
Location: Hampshire
National Flag:
England

We've booked with Cruise Select

Postby Dave » 30 Apr 2016 16:42

JollyJill wrote:I am bumping this thread to remind members of the benefits of booking with cruise select.

I confess, that when looking at my paperwork for our forthcoming Oceania Cruise (I was looking at the excursions on offer), I noticed on the invoice that there was no discount included.
I thought I had mentioned that I was a member of cruising mates when I booked but obviously hadn't. It would appear that neither had Wen when she booked the following day.

I rang Cruise Select this morning and spoke to Bella. She was most helpful, apologised for the omission and promised that the 5% pp of the money paid, would be in our bank account within 5 working days. I mentioned our travelling companions (Wen & Paul) and she said that she would do the same for them too. :)

Now that's what I call good service.

Thanks Bella. :thumbup:

That's very good to hear Jill. I must admit that I tend to forget to mention the promised CM discount so it's been a useful reminder. :thumbup:

As I mentioned in the opening post, I don't tend to shop around different agents but when I've seen an offer from one (sometimes on our own ads) Cruise Select has always matched or bettered the price. The exception is Thomson, but (as far as I'm aware) no agent can beat booking direct with them anyway.

Cruise Select's reward scheme is also worth mentioning - you get 1% of what you spend with them to redeem against a future cruise. I know it's not much, but when you get (say) £50 off when you didn't expect it, it's a nice bonus!
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
User avatar
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer
 
Posts: 13456
Joined: 24 Feb 2011 16:25
Location: Whitstable
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Cruise Select



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests