Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Poll: Have you booked a cruise through Cruise Select?

Poll: Have you booked a cruise through Cruise Select?

Our Featured Agent - Remember to mention Cruising Mates when booking!

Have you booked a cruise through Cruise Select?

Yes, more than one:
12%
Yes, I've booked one:
12%
No, but I might:
61%
No, and I'm happy as I am:
15%

Total votes : 33

Postby arkangel » 17 Jul 2014 15:49

Cruising Mates has a friendly, non-commercial relationship with the cruise and travel agent Cruise Select.

Cruise Select posts offers on the forum regularly, and I've encouraged them to do so because I hope the offers will be of interest to members and visitors. Staff from Cruise Select also join in with discussions and post reviews and other topics of interest on the forum, and their contributions are always appreciated.

Our members also benefit from our relationship with Cruise Select with occasional invitations to ship visits and an extra discount when Cruising Mates is mentioned at the time of booking.

I'd like to know how many members have booked cruises through Cruise Select, or are considering doing so in future. It's partly because I'm nosey, but mainly because I believe that such information might lead to further benefits for our members and the forum in the future...
(Dave)
arkangel
Administrator
Administrator

National Flag:
United Nations

Postby Dave » 17 Jul 2014 15:57

I'll sneak in first with a reply to my own question. :D

I've booked two cruises with Cruise Select so far: 14 nights on Costa Deliziosa next month, and 2 nights on Norwegian Escape next year. I'd have used Cruise Select even if they hadn't quoted lower prices (after the Cruising Mates discount) than I could find elsewhere, because saving a few quid is less important to me than other factors. (I'd have booked our Thomson cruises with them as well, but sadly no agent can compete with Thomson's own agents.)
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby judgegeoff » 17 Jul 2014 16:25

Chris and I had planned to visit South Africa in 2015, to see more of that lovely Country and stay a few days with Chris' younger sister who owns 'Serenity Retreat' (ex. 'Rainbow Lodge'), self catering accommodation in the idyllic village of Stormsriver at the end of the garden Route, on the edge of the Tsitsikamma National Marine Park.

We then noticed that the "MSC Opera" was sailing from Cape Town to Venice on the 28th March 2015 (19 nights), visiting Walvis Bay, Dakar, Cadiz, Valletta, Corfu and Dubrovnik enroute. Several of these ports were on out 'to do' list.

So we phoned Bella at 'Cruise Select' and, with the extra discount offered for CM members, we booked an outside cabin for the cruise. Bella rang us back the next day to advise us that she had discovered that the cabin we had chosen had a restricted view, but offered us a choice of unrestricted view cabins at no extra charge.

A little later we contacted Bella again and she arranged BA direct flights from London to Cape Town and from Venice to London, at a fraction of the costs that I had been able to obtain. I must say that all my dealings with 'Cruise Select' have been very good and I have been very pleased with the service we have received.

We will be in South Africa for 22 days prior to the cruise and the only thing that we have got to arrange is car hire (I am not sure if Chris will drive or whether we will hire a car with hand controls for me to drive). We have booked all our accommodation already, which might seem a bit early, but we got the last one bedroom cottage at Addo National Park for the dates we wanted (we are there for a weekend which is always very popular and is sold out very early). Plus we have got our preferred accommodation for every single night there.

As many of you will know, South Africa is my favourite Country, so I am very, very happy! :D :D :D
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Poll: Have you booked a cruise through Cruise Select?

Postby JollyJill » 17 Jul 2014 16:25

I've only booked one cruise with Cruise Select so far, but it is a Grand Voyage of 115 nights. I was impressed with the way they handled my booking and they gave a good discount for being a member of Cruising Mates.
For the same reasons as Dave mentioned, I would have booked my last Thomson cruise and the one next March but it was not to be.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Meg50 » 17 Jul 2014 17:35

I clicked happy as I am - mainly cos we're not going to be ocean cruising in the foreseeable future - if ever... so nothing against Cruise select!

Now, if they do River cruises I might change my answer
Meg
Meg50
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Peka » 17 Jul 2014 17:37

Meg50 wrote:I clicked happy as I am - mainly cos we're not going to be ocean cruising in the foreseeable future - if ever... so nothing against Cruise select!

They do ;)
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 17 Jul 2014 17:38

Meg50 wrote:I clicked happy as I am - mainly cos we're not going to be ocean cruising in the foreseeable future - if ever... so nothing against Cruise select!

I've just been reviewing the Cruise Select website (as requested by them in another topic) and they certainly do river cruises!

(Peka: snap! :lol: )
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Peka » 17 Jul 2014 17:39

I voted: No, but I might

never say never ;)
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Skier Pete » 17 Jul 2014 17:57

Yes one booked; and I mention it in my "Just grabbed a good deal thread"

IT should be mentioned that Cruise Select offer a loyalty scheme; "SELECT GUEST REWARDS" ; which is equivalent to 1% cashback if you book another cruise with them

Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Jimmy the One » 17 Jul 2014 18:06

The service we have received from Connoisseur in Edinburgh would make it very difficult to go elsewhere. :D
From what I read on here Cruise Select are a very good company and I wish them well :D
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Next