Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Oh dear Cruisedeckplans.com, that's a bit naughty! (Resolved!)

Oh dear Cruisedeckplans.com, that's a bit naughty! (Resolved!)

Post and read cabin reviews here.

Postby grannyM » 23 Sep 2015 08:46

Wansbrough wrote:A result which I am happy with and notice mine are all now credited to Wansbrough @ www.cruisingmates.co.uk. :D However I still don't like the thought that someone has taken payment for my pictures. Has Steve provided you with an IP address so you can see if it anyone we know?

Yes, a quick response and satisfied responses from those members affected, so well done.

However, I must admit what W has said has been going through my mind since I started reading this topic again this morning. :?

The owner is shocked but surely there should be some explanation about how they acquired these images and who is responsible. :roll:

From their website
Plus, unlike most every photo site in the world, ALL OUR PHOTOS are properly tagged. We check every single photo submitted to us. This makes it easy to find what you are looking for.
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tomvet » 23 Sep 2015 10:02

Skier Pete wrote:
tomvet wrote:
Skier Pete wrote:Could I have these attributed to me please
courtesy of P.DELDUCA

Azura
Superior Deluxe Balcony stateroom
D208

Splendour of the Seas
Grand Suite

Pete, I am shocked that you have been industriously busy at your cottage industry selling photos of your cabins and did not share the wealth (or at least for others to decide if they wished to avail of the opportunity!). I thought that was the idea of the forum - sharing of information, assisting other members etc!

I even more shocked that you ask for your photos to be credited to you personally whereas everyone else has used the handle 'username@cruisingmates.co.uk'. Not very team spirited!

Now how many Yacht Club cabins could I buy at a rate of 50c per photo!

My cottage industry started before the forum started and all I've asked is the remaining images are teated as the ones from long ago.

If you book now for an "INSIDE" YC cabin, Yes they are going to offer YC inside cabins, on Meraviglia . :o :o :o

So book for a cruise in Oct 2017, yes 25 months time, and you would be able to save the money from the kids paper rounds ;) ;) ;) , their chimney sweeping jobs and work down t' pit for 50c/shift.
You only need send the kids to work for 2733 shifts. :roll: :roll: :roll:
that's only 910 shifts each so with - 730 days until sailing that's 6.5 shifts each per 5 day working week , no holidays allowed :cry: :cry: :cry:
should be a doddle!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah but they'll have to work twice the number i've calculated as I only Priced for one person and you'll need to have two in the cabin or pay a 100% single suppliment :cry: :cry: :cry:

You are just fudging the issue that you are not a team player! ;)
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Oh dear Cruisedeckplans.com, that's a bit naughty! (Resolved!)

Postby khkate » 23 Sep 2015 14:23

Interesting hornet's nest here - even though resolved. Just shows how easy it is to "hijack" somebody else's images these days and claim it as you own (even it was done 'anonymously'). One of the hiccups I suppose of people being able to access the info without having to log in as a member.
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Gillzajoker » 23 Sep 2015 15:37

Pleased that the issue seems to have been resolved, :D but not that it appears to have caused an 'in house altercation'. :(
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tomvet » 23 Sep 2015 17:02

Gillzajoker wrote:Pleased that the issue seems to have been resolved, :D but not that it appears to have caused an 'in house altercation'. :(

Says she who has threatened to use bricks and teeth to sort other issues out! :lol: :lol:
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Skier Pete » 23 Sep 2015 22:44

Gillzajoker wrote:Pleased that the issue seems to have been resolved, :D but not that it appears to have caused an 'in house altercation'. :(

I think you've got it wrong.. :o :o :lol: :lol:
As far as I am concerned it just a bit of light-hearted banter,I'm sure Tom feels the same. :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Just put it down to my strange sense of humour :ugeek: :ugeek: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby tomvet » 23 Sep 2015 23:48

Skier Pete wrote:

I think you've got it wrong.. :o :o :lol: :lol:
As far as I am concerned it just a bit of light-hearted banter,I'm sure Tom feels the same. :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Just put it down to my strange sense of humour :ugeek: :ugeek: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I don't do banter! :? :roll: ................. unless it's pointed! ;)
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Gillzajoker » 24 Sep 2015 14:49

Oh good,so glad to hear I misunderstood, guys - and apologies if I offended anyone with that remark :o !

Ah, but Tom, I save my 'issue solving' only for you :lol:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby gatwick » 24 Nov 2015 00:00

reading this topic, made me think maybe a line should be added to the forum rules stating that any photos taken from the site should have a link to "cruising mates ".
Plus just for fun it might be amusing to have a large card in a cabin you take a photo of.... with www.cruisingmates.co.uk on it.
that way if the picture is used elsewhere there will be a nice reference to the forum.
gatwick
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Postby tobysgranny » 24 Nov 2015 07:56

I don't think they would pinch any of my pictures as they are usually not very good.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Previous