Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Oh dear Cruisedeckplans.com, that's a bit naughty! (Resolved!)

Oh dear Cruisedeckplans.com, that's a bit naughty! (Resolved!)

Post and read cabin reviews here.

Oh dear Cruisedeckplans.com, that's a bit naughty!

Postby Dave » 22 Sep 2015 16:12

I emailed the owner of Cruisedeckplans.com and I received a quick reply. I was very polite and the reply showed considerable concern. I've made a suggestion that I hope will suit both sides and I'll keep you updated.
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 22 Sep 2015 16:13

Skier Pete wrote:I've actually got the payment and acknowledgement for uploading images :-

MSC Splendida

MSC Sinfonia

Pete

So Pete, just as a matter of interest, I presume we can't click through all your photos in Cruisedeck's cabin reviews because you are a member and we are not? May one ask how much you paid to become a member?
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Skier Pete » 22 Sep 2015 16:25

grannyM wrote:
Skier Pete wrote:I've actually got the payment and acknowledgement for uploading images :-

MSC Splendida

MSC Sinfonia

Pete

So Pete, just as a matter of interest, I presume we can't click through all your photos in Cruisedeck's cabin reviews because you are a member and we are not? May one ask how much you paid to become a member?

I didn't pay to become a member, I just uploaded my images and received payment for them.

you should be able to view the images I uploaded on the actual website

if you are trying to click through the images on the post above you won't be able to as it is a screen shot and not a link.
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby JollyJill » 22 Sep 2015 16:40

grannyM wrote:
JollyJill wrote:
Apart from the link to our Seabourn cabin review, here are the links to our Costa neoRiviera & Cunard cabin reviews.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category.php?ship=Costa%20neoRiviera&cat=Inside

Please note that our photos are for cabin 6276. There are others and they are all marked anonymous.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category.php?ship=Queen%20Mary&cat=Inside

Jill, I can't see your photos. The link or QM2 is for Cabin 4024. How do you view others in the same category? :?

The photos in the link are a compilation of more than one inside cabin. Just scroll the pics and you will see mine. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 22 Sep 2015 16:41

Dave wrote:I emailed the owner of Cruisedeckplans.com and I received a quick reply. I was very polite and the reply showed considerable concern. I've made a suggestion that I hope will suit both sides and I'll keep you updated.

I'm pleased that your email received a positive response and await the outcome with interest. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 22 Sep 2015 17:12

Skier Pete wrote:I didn't pay to become a member, I just uploaded my images and received payment for them.

you should be able to view the images I uploaded on the actual website

if you are trying to click through the images on the post above you won't be able to as it is a screen shot and not a link.

Ok, thanks for that Pete.

I didn't realise you had posted a screenshot so I was just curious if the site was blocking it. Don't worry, I don't need to go to the actual website to see your images Pete, they are on here. ;)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby grannyM » 22 Sep 2015 17:15

JollyJill wrote:
grannyM wrote:
JollyJill wrote:
Apart from the link to our Seabourn cabin review, here are the links to our Costa neoRiviera & Cunard cabin reviews.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category.php?ship=Costa%20neoRiviera&cat=Inside

Please note that our photos are for cabin 6276. There are others and they are all marked anonymous.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category.php?ship=Queen%20Mary&cat=Inside

Jill, I can't see your photos. The link or QM2 is for Cabin 4024. How do you view others in the same category? :?

Ok, thanks Jill I didn't realise that. I thought you meant there was more than one review. :?

The photos in the link are a compilation of more than one inside cabin. Just scroll the pics and you will see mine. ;)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Dave » 22 Sep 2015 18:01

I'm very grateful to Steve at Cruisedeckplans.com for responding and reacting so quickly. :thumbup:

I'm hope he won't mind if I quote his reply to me because it'll save me trying to paraphrase...

Your forum looks like a great resource, so I will add it into our links.

I would like to identify the true owner of the photos where I can. So I will mark your photos accordingly. I don't mind the work involved. Its important to me that it is corrected so that it won't be a problem down the road. I am happy to correct the others also. For yours I marked them: "Dave at www.cruisingmates.co.uk"

In the mean time I have found the forum on your site talking about the issue and I will use that as a guide to give credit to the proper person - I guess using their forum name. If anyone wants payment for the pictures, I am happy to do that. Have them contact me and I will take care of it.

Thank you for your help with this. We also find our pictures and deck plans used elsewhere too, so I know how frustrating it can be.

Thanks,
Steve

My photos have already been credited to Dave at www.cruisingmates.co.uk and that suits me fine. I don't want any payment because I think the credit is good for the forum. Also, I'm delighted to see that Cruising Mates has been added to the Cruisedeckplans.com links. :D

I know that some members will be happy just to have their photos credited, but if anyone wants to ask for the appropriate payment or would like their photos removed, then the offer is there. There's a contact form on the website.
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 22 Sep 2015 18:08

Yeh, a good result.

I don't want paying for my photos and would be delighted if they are credited to jollyjill@www.cruisingmates. co.uk :)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby judgegeoff » 22 Sep 2015 18:17

I have now identified more of my photos on the "MSC Opera" Oceanview cabin. I have not had chance to check any others, but I would not be surprised if there are more. Excellent and rapid response from Steve at cruisedeckplans.com . :D
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext