Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Oh dear Cruisedeckplans.com, that's a bit naughty! (Resolved!)

Oh dear Cruisedeckplans.com, that's a bit naughty! (Resolved!)

Post and read cabin reviews here.

Re: Oh dear Cruisedeckplans.com, that's a bit naughty! (Resolved!)

Postby Peka » 22 Sep 2015 19:38

:thumbup: pleased it has all been resolved so quickly and amicably, hopefully it will benefit both parties as it does look a useful site.
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby dst87 » 22 Sep 2015 19:49

Excellent response - well done to him for being so considerate and concerned about it.
Duncan S

Upcoming cruises:
09/16 - MSC Splendida (Northern Europe)

Previous cruises: See my blog!
dst87
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby JollyJill » 22 Sep 2015 20:07

dst87 wrote:Excellent response - well done to him for being so considerate and concerned about it.

A speedy response too because my photos have already been attributed to jollyjill @www.cruisingmates.co.uk. :)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Hannah » 22 Sep 2015 20:12

Don't think I am affected. Just one question what will happen in future reviews/photos. Will they be shown on this other site without permission. Not bothered myself but other people might be so how will this pan out?
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby dst87 » 22 Sep 2015 20:19

Just checked out the site and noticed a link to my YouTube video cabin tour of Anthem :)

Obviously anyone can link to that so not a problem, but nice to see it having been found!
Duncan S

Upcoming cruises:
09/16 - MSC Splendida (Northern Europe)

Previous cruises: See my blog!
dst87
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
Scotland

Oh dear Cruisedeckplans.com, that's a bit naughty!

Postby Wansbrough » 22 Sep 2015 20:37

Dave wrote:I'm very grateful to Steve at Cruisedeckplans.com for responding and reacting so quickly. :thumbup:

I'm hope he won't mind if I quote his reply to me because it'll save me trying to paraphrase...

Your forum looks like a great resource, so I will add it into our links.

I would like to identify the true owner of the photos where I can. So I will mark your photos accordingly. I don't mind the work involved. Its important to me that it is corrected so that it won't be a problem down the road. I am happy to correct the others also. For yours I marked them: "Dave at www.cruisingmates.co.uk"

In the mean time I have found the forum on your site talking about the issue and I will use that as a guide to give credit to the proper person - I guess using their forum name. If anyone wants payment for the pictures, I am happy to do that. Have them contact me and I will take care of it.

Thank you for your help with this. We also find our pictures and deck plans used elsewhere too, so I know how frustrating it can be.

Thanks,
Steve

My photos have already been credited to Dave at www.cruisingmates.co.uk and that suits me fine. I don't want any payment because I think the credit is good for the forum. Also, I'm delighted to see that Cruising Mates has been added to the Cruisedeckplans.com links. :D

I know that some members will be happy just to have their photos credited, but if anyone wants to ask for the appropriate payment or would like their photos removed, then the offer is there. There's a contact form on the website.

A result which I am happy with and notice mine are all now credited to Wansbrough @ www.cruisingmates.co.uk. :D However I still don't like the thought that someone has taken payment for my pictures. Has Steve provided you with an IP address so you can see if it anyone we know?
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Skier Pete » 22 Sep 2015 21:59

Could I have these attributed to me please
courtesy of P.DELDUCA

Azura
Superior Deluxe Balcony stateroom
D208

Splendour of the Seas
Grand Suite
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby tomvet » 22 Sep 2015 22:12

Skier Pete wrote:Could I have these attributed to me please
courtesy of P.DELDUCA

Azura
D208

Splendour of the Seas
Grand Suite

Pete, I am shocked that you have been industriously busy at your cottage industry selling photos of your cabins and did not share the wealth (or at least for others to decide if they wished to avail of the opportunity!). I thought that was the idea of the forum - sharing of information, assisting other members etc!

I even more shocked that you ask for your photos to be credited to you personally whereas everyone else has used the handle 'username@cruisingmates.co.uk'. Not very team spirited!

Now how many Yacht Club cabins could I buy at a rate of 50c per photo!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Skier Pete » 23 Sep 2015 01:20

tomvet wrote:
courtesy of P.DELDUCA

Azura
D208

Splendour of the Seas
Grand Suite

Pete, I am shocked that you have been industriously busy at your cottage industry selling photos of your cabins and did not share the wealth (or at least for others to decide if they wished to avail of the opportunity!). I thought that was the idea of the forum - sharing of information, assisting other members etc!

I even more shocked that you ask for your photos to be credited to you personally whereas everyone else has used the handle 'username@cruisingmates.co.uk'. Not very team spirited!

My cottage industry started before the forum started and all I've asked is the remaining images are teated as the ones from long ago.

If you book now for an "INSIDE" YC cabin, Yes they are going to offer YC inside cabins, on Meraviglia . :o :o :o

So book for a cruise in Oct 2017, yes 25 months time, and you would be able to save the money from the kids paper rounds ;) ;) ;) , their chimney sweeping jobs and work down t' pit for 50c/shift.
You only need send the kids to work for 2733 shifts. :roll: :roll: :roll:
that's only 910 shifts each so with - 730 days until sailing that's 6.5 shifts each per 5 day working week , no holidays allowed :cry: :cry: :cry:
should be a doddle!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah but they'll have to work twice the number i've calculated as I only Priced for one person and you'll need to have two in the cabin or pay a 100% single suppliment :cry: :cry: :cry:
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby andynew » 23 Sep 2015 08:05

Skier Pete wrote:
tomvet wrote:
courtesy of P.DELDUCA

Azura
D208

Splendour of the Seas
Grand Suite

My cottage industry started before the forum started and all I've asked is the remaining images are teated as the ones from long ago.

If you book now for an "INSIDE" YC cabin, Yes they are going to offer YC inside cabins, on Meraviglia . :o :o :o

So book for a cruise in Oct 2017, yes 25 months time, and you would be able to save the money from the kids paper rounds ;) ;) ;) , their chimney sweeping jobs and work down t' pit for 50c/shift.
You only need send the kids to work for 2733 shifts. :roll: :roll: :roll:
that's only 910 shifts each so with - 730 days until sailing that's 6.5 shifts each per 5 day working week , no holidays allowed :cry: :cry: :cry:
should be a doddle!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah but they'll have to work twice the number i've calculated as I only Priced for one person and you'll need to have two in the cabin or pay a 100% single suppliment :cry: :cry: :cry:

:shock: Pete,you need to get some sleep
andynew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PreviousNext