Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Oceania Marina Penthouse grade PH1- 11063

Oceania Marina Penthouse grade PH1- 11063

Post and read cabin reviews here.

Postby Trace » 15 Jun 2016 20:43

JollyJill wrote:
judgegeoff wrote:Many thanks for posting such a comprehensive and well illustrated Cabin review Jill, it looked to be a super cabin. :clap: :clap: :clap:

When we did a ship day visit to the Oceania Marine in Dover we were generally very impressed with the ship and decided that we would like to sail on her one day. Throughout our day visit tour our guide kept mentioning how comfortable and good quality the beds were, it was good to see that you agreed with him.

A couple of weeks ago we were in Vancouver and an Oceania ship was moored there (sorry, but I cannot remember the ship's name). It appeared to be an excellent vessel and the easy chairs on the balconies looked very inviting.

I have noticed that Oceania Cruises are now heavily discounting some of their cruises, something that I don't remember seeing in the past. Could it be that their main market, Americans are not travelling as much following the atrocities in France and Belgium?

Yes Geoff, according to the Americans we spoke to, there is a real fear in the U.S. of travelling to Europe, which could explain the reduction in fares in order to fill the ships.

I am very worried about travelling too at the mo, I wish i wasn't, as it spoils my build up to our cruise :(
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Oceania Marina Penthouse grade PH1- 11063

Postby Seamouse » 15 Jun 2016 22:53

Cabin looks great. It's nice to have a bit of luxury sometimes, and be pampered.
Chris
Seamouse
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Oceania Marina Penthouse grade PH1- 2016

Postby sevenseascoaster » 16 Jun 2016 07:18

Just to add to Jill's lovely pictures of the Penthouse Suite. Here is Rony our Butler for both Suites

(Thought I would try posting one picture before computer crashes again :cry: )
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: Oceania Marina Penthouse grade PH1- 11063

Postby jocap » 16 Jun 2016 20:48

How lovely! I'd be tempted to spend a lot of time in such a beautiful cabin, and that bathroom certainly had the WOW factor.
Yes, like others on here, I've been receiving more post from Oceania than any other source- even than all the other cruise brochures put together. The sad thing is that the poor Americans have now had such an awful shock in Orlando, that few places will feel safe for them now.
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Oceania Marina Penthouse grade PH1- 2016

Postby JollyJill » 16 Jun 2016 20:54

jocap wrote:How lovely! I'd be tempted to spend a lot of time in such a beautiful cabin, and that bathroom certainly had the WOW factor.
Yes, like others on here, I've been receiving more post from Oceania than any other source- even than all the other cruise brochures put together. The sad thing is that the poor Americans have now had such an awful shock in Orlando, that few places will feel safe for them now.

I thought the same Jo. :(

Oh and yes, we did spend more time in the cabin than we would when we book 'steerage'. It must be the first time we didn't use the card room on a ship as there was no need. :)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 18 Jun 2016 09:57

Thanks for the cabin review Jill. Your suite looks very smart and of a decent size. I'm not so sure about the balcony though... from your photo it looks as if it might be under a wide overhang from the sun deck above (the balcony is always the most important feature for me!).

(By the way, what does 2016 refer to in the title?)
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 18 Jun 2016 10:18

Dave wrote:Thanks for the cabin review Jill. Your suite looks very smart and of a decent size. I'm not so sure about the balcony though... from your photo it looks as if it might be under a wide overhang from the sun deck above (the balcony is always the most important feature for me!).

(By the way, what does 2016 refer to in the title?)

There was a wide overhang but for us it was just as well given that the weather wasn't great. :roll:

I should have put the number of the cabin and not the year- I will amend it. :oops:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous

Return to Cabin reviews