Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Boudicca Premier Suite 9016

Boudicca Premier Suite 9016

Re: Boudicca Premier Suite 9016

Postby Dave » 20 Aug 2011 12:36

Thanks for that cumbriasloan. We didn't set out to have a premier suite - it was the only suite type available - and your comparisons will be helpful for future reference. :thumbup:
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Rosiepea » 29 Mar 2013 10:03

We also have stayed in Boudicca' s premier suite. We like the extra space and the separate bedroom. We use our room a lot as we like our privacy and spend a lot if time on the balcony, especially in Norway.
We have used a marquee suite on Boudicca and Black Watch and got upgraded to the premier from a marquee. To be honest, the marquee suits us just fine.
This summer we are in a superior suite on Balmoral as a longer cruise and the suites are so expensive.
Agree some other lines have superior suites but the ships are larger and we like the smaller ones, especially as we can get Olsen's from up north.
Rosiepea
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Dave » 29 Mar 2013 14:32

Rosiepea wrote:We also have stayed in Boudicca' s premier suite. We like the extra space and the separate bedroom. We use our room a lot as we like our privacy and spend a lot if time on the balcony, especially in Norway.
We have used a marquee suite on Boudicca and Black Watch and got upgraded to the premier from a marquee. To be honest, the marquee suits us just fine.
This summer we are in a superior suite on Balmoral as a longer cruise and the suites are so expensive.
Agree some other lines have superior suites but the ships are larger and we like the smaller ones, especially as we can get Olsen's from up north.

Premier suites aren't something we've had very often - just the two in fact - the other was on Balmoral. I'm still not sure which I preferred, but perhaps Balmoral's just wins. It's not quite as big as the Boudicca one, but the bathroom was miles better and the balcony was big, open and absolutely brilliant. I think the superior suite balconies are the same. (On the other hand, the Boudicca balcony was very sheltered and perfect for the Greenland cruise.)
Dave

Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby judgegeoff » 29 Mar 2013 16:26

In December 2008 my wife and I went on a 'Christmas Markets' 7 day cruise from Dover aboard Fred. Olsen's "Balmoral". Well, I say 7 day, but it was actually a 6 day cruise because the ship was unable to enter Dover harbour on the Saturday morning, due to extremely high seas. She tried to come in that evening, but hit a tug and had to go out again and we were all sent away for the night and told to return the following day. We finally embarked Dover at 9:00pm on the Sunday after the ship had been repaired. We were allocated an Inside Stateroom, with twin toe to toe 'L' shaped beds, as it was a 'last minute' bargain

In the Dining Room we were seated at a great table for 6 and found our table companions to be very affable. One couple had friends who were on board (they didn't know they were on the same ship until they met on the first evening) and their friends were in one of the Owners Suites. Our whole table were invited to have pre-dinner drinks with our table companions' friends in their Suite one formal evening. The Suite was huge and even had its own Christmas tree - and drinks and canapes flowed, the company were very friendly and we had a very enjoyable time.

However, there was a very big patio style sliding door in the Living Room of the Suite, leading to a large balcony, and the wind noise emanating from this was horrendous - a sort of continuous howling, making the room feel much colder than it actually was. We were quite glad that we were in our little inside Stateroom, as I know that my wife would have had problems going to sleep with all that noise in the big Suite (I can sleep for England, so can sleep anywhere!).

But, if Fred. would ever like to upgrade us in the future,...............especially in the Caribbean......!

Cheers, Geoff :D :D :D
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 29 Mar 2013 16:49

judgegeoff wrote:In December 2008 my wife and I went on a 'Christmas Markets' 7 day cruise from Dover aboard Fred. Olsen's "Balmoral". Well, I say 7 day, but it was actually a 6 day cruise because the ship was unable to enter Dover harbour on the Saturday morning, due to extremely high seas. She tried to come in that evening, but hit a tug and had to go out again and we were all sent away for the night and told to return the following day. We finally embarked Dover at 9:00pm on the Sunday after the ship had been repaired. We were allocated an Inside Stateroom, with twin toe to toe 'L' shaped beds, as it was a 'last minute' bargain

In the Dining Room we were seated at a great table for 6 and found our table companions to be very affable. One couple had friends who were on board (they didn't know they were on the same ship until they met on the first evening) and their friends were in one of the Owners Suites. Our whole table were invited to have pre-dinner drinks with our table companions' friends in their Suite one formal evening. The Suite was huge and even had its own Christmas tree - and drinks and canapes flowed, the company were very friendly and we had a very enjoyable time.

However, there was a very big patio style sliding door in the Living Room of the Suite, leading to a large balcony, and the wind noise emanating from this was horrendous - a sort of continuous howling, making the room feel much colder than it actually was. We were quite glad that we were in our little inside Stateroom, as I know that my wife would have had problems going to sleep with all that noise in the big Suite (I can sleep for England, so can sleep anywhere!).

But, if Fred. would ever like to upgrade us in the future,...............especially in the Caribbean......!

Cheers, Geoff :D :D :D

We were next door to the Owner's Suite on Balmoral and although I chatted on the balcony they didn't invite us in for a tour. :( Our neighbours told me that the suite is twice the size of a premier suite - "two knocked into one", I think they said. But there were six of them in there, so we had more room. ;) Their balcony was enormous - twice the width of ours - and had a covered part at one end.

The cabin I noted for future reference is the one that sticks out on the corner. I think it's a junior balcony suite, and the view must be excellent:

While I was looking through my photos I noticed this one which I think is a nice shot:

Dave

Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous