Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Boudicca ouside cabins 4101 & 4051

Boudicca ouside cabins 4101 & 4051

Boudicca ouside cabins 4101 & 4051

Postby JollyJill » 09 Mar 2013 18:39

In 2012 & 2013 we booked outside cabins grade D for our 35 night cruises to the Caribbean/Amazon and Central America.

Cabin 4101 was well situated on Atlantic deck 4 (aft). We didn't experience any particular engine or vibration noise and given that the weather was calm for virtually the whole cruise, we didn't have a problem with pitch and roll either.

Cabin 4051 was more amidships and whilst we still had no problems with engine and vibration noise, we did experience some rough weather on the way back across the Atlantic and certainly did feel the pitch and roll then!

The cabins were identical; both 160 sq ft in area and both had a bath. The wardrobe space was inadequate for a long cruise and the narrow width of one of them meant that the hangers were too wide for the rail which gave us even less hanging space.

The supply of toiletries in the bathroom was minimal but shampoo/conditioner/shower cap was available on request. Gone are the days of the full compliment supplied without having to ask. :(

The photos are of cabin 4101. Cabin 4051 was identical but configured the other way round.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Boudicca ouside cabins 4101 & 4051

Postby kwizbet09 » 20 Dec 2015 22:03

Funny i was next door in 4053 with no bath and i found the wardrobe just enough for me on a 14 night cruise so i don't know how you both manage with 3 formal nights although i did have a kilt that took some space.
kwizbet09
Ensign
Ensign

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Boudicca ouside cabins 4101 & 4051

Postby JollyJill » 20 Dec 2015 22:30

kwizbet09 wrote:Funny i was next door in 4053 with no bath and i found the wardrobe just enough for me on a 14 night cruise so i don't know how you both manage with 3 formal nights although i did have a kilt that took some space.

Well I did say that that the wardrobe space was inadequate for a long cruise but we managed.

That's the problem with some of the older ships; you don't get the space that you can do on modern ships, unless you pay a lot more of course for a suite.
As we are retired and cruise as often as we can (whilst we can), we tend to choose a cheaper grade cabin in order to afford more cruises. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom