Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Braemar Inside cabin I grade Atlantic Deck -3120

Braemar Inside cabin I grade Atlantic Deck -3120

Re: Braemar Inside cabin I grade Atlantic Deck -3120

Postby Barry » 19 Jan 2014 14:39

JollyJill wrote:..... Well, I am the Queen of Budget Cruises Tom and I have a reputation to protect. :lol: :lol:

Will you give my OH some lessons please. :roll:
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby khkate » 19 Jan 2014 15:04

Very informative review - both text and photos. Certainly plenty of storage space overall in the cabin and bathroom area. Shame they are a bit stingy with the toiletry supplies, but it all sounds so cosy.
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Braemar Inside cabin I grade Atlantic Deck -3120

Postby octocruiser » 19 Jan 2014 15:33

I am surprised the L shaped layout isn't used more on small cabins. We have found the layout to feel much more spacious although the cabin is no bigger than those with the traditional side by side layout.

I don't see a problem with the dispensers for soap on shower and cabin walls. It is much more convenient to use in a small space in choppy waters, needing only one hand and the soap is more often than not the only one we use of the toiletries that are supplied.

Saga still supply very generous sized bottles of about four or five different quality toiletries but ours go unopened except for the shower gel and hand soap. Of course nothing is 'free' and the overall cost of providing fancy stuff is costed into the budget per person.

Cheers Kath
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Gemma » 19 Jan 2014 18:15

When the beds are joined to make a Queen size bed there seems to be little free floor space in an Inside cabin. When we had an Inside we chose to separate the beds and have the two side cabinets in the middle and it looked so much roomier.
Gemma
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tomvet » 19 Jan 2014 18:28

Our smallest cabin ever was on Thomson Destiny and it was L-shaped and it seemed more roomy than cabins we have had the Queen configuration. On the Carnival Victory the room was set up with a Queen with the bed up against one wall which meant the person on the inside had to climb out over the other to get out of the bed. We changed to L shaped and had a lot more room and in fact the configuration is also more social.

IF you use the bunk beds you are not allowed to use the Queen configuration.
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Dave » 19 Jan 2014 19:26

tomvet wrote:Our smallest cabin ever was on Thomson Destiny and it was L-shaped and it seemed more roomy than cabins we have had the Queen configuration. On the Carnival Victory the room was set up with a Queen with the bed up against one wall which meant the person on the inside had to climb out over the other to get out of the bed. We changed to L shaped and had a lot more room and in fact the configuration is also more social.

IF you use the bunk beds you are not allowed to use the Queen configuration.

Perhaps we should start a new topic about the smallest cabin we've ever had. ;) I imagined ours would be the Cat A stateroom(!) we had on Viking Schumann at 135sq.ft. because it felt tiny, but I've just checked FO's website and their inside cabins are 130sq.ft. so that is probably our smallest.
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 19 Jan 2014 19:37

A race to the bottom then. This is our Thomson Destiny Cabin. We actually upgraded to this! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just love budget cruising! :roll: :roll:

11,3sq m = 118,4 sq ft.
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby judgegeoff » 19 Jan 2014 19:47

tomvet wrote:A race to the bottom then. This is our Thomson Destiny Cabin. We actually upgraded to this! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just love budget cruising! :roll: :roll:

11,3sq m = 118,4 sq ft.

Try robbing a Bank Tom - you will get a bigger room and it will last longer! And I have yet to see a cabin equipped with Sky and X-Box. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous

Return to Fred Olsen