Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Braemar Balcony suite - Bridge Deck

Braemar Balcony suite - Bridge Deck

Postby SandraDJ » 23 Nov 2014 16:58

I booked a mini-cruise when I saw some good solo offers over a year ago. I booked the suite as a treat, as I wouldn't expect to be able to afford one on any other ship.

I really liked the cabin. I've been on a number of cabin crawls, and it seemed that it was more like a superior balcony cabin than a suite on other ships. I thought the layout of my cabin was better than another that I was shown by another passenger. There is plenty of space. The bathroom was an adequate size with toilet, sink and shower. The storage was great - 4 mirrored doors in a line with lots of hanging space, shelves and drawers. There is a mini-bar, a short sofa and two chairs with rectangular coffee table.

The balcony was really roomy, with 2 loungers and 2 chairs. I did spend some time out there while we were sailing along the Seine to Rouen. Great to see the scenery gliding past.

As it is a suite there were 2 bathrobes and slippers to use. There were also two umbrellas (which I didn't need) and a pair of binoculars available to use.

There was a bottle of cava in an ice bucket waiting for me. As I couldn't drink that much in one go, and I was on AI, I have brought the bottle home with me. The fruit bowl was useful, and was topped up. Canapes were delivered to the cabin early every evening.

What's not to like?! The only issue might arise during warmer cruises. The cabin is underneath the pool deck, and there was the possibility of hearing sunbeds being dragged by early risers. I could hear some footsteps from the deck above, but nothing especially annoying.
Booked cruises:

Ovation of the Seas - Inaugural/Maiden voyage round trip out of Southampton - April 2016
Britannia - Southampton to Bermuda (repo) - October 2016
Norwegian Epic - March 2017
SandraDJ
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby adogap » 24 Nov 2014 17:50

Thanks for the review Sandra. I have not sailed on Braemar but imagine she would be perfect for a river cruise. It must have been lovely relaxing on your balcony and enjoying the scenery. Great memories when you uncork that bottle of Cava! :D

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Fred Olsen