Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Jill and Plunky on M/V Azores.

Jill and Plunky on M/V Azores.

Postby tomvet » 18 May 2015 22:03

Stan Deasy wrote:You are so right Tom...Jill has just sent a text informing us that the MDR is half empty tonight due to rough seas. She is having to dine with the only other guest present on her table,a gent, as Plunky is one of the casualties. She will be watching the Abba show alone tonight, unless she gets lucky and scores with her lone dining companion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

oooooooooooooh! la! la! Mr Gray!!!!!!!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Wansbrough » 18 May 2015 22:10

tomvet wrote:
Stan Deasy wrote:You are so right Tom...Jill has just sent a text informing us that the MDR is half empty tonight due to rough seas. She is having to dine with the only other guest present on her table,a gent, as Plunky is one of the casualties. She will be watching the Abba show alone tonight, unless she gets lucky and scores with her lone dining companion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet she forgot to pack her cable ties too.............. :shock:
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 18 May 2015 22:21

Wansbrough wrote:
tomvet wrote:

I bet she forgot to pack her cable ties too.............. :shock:

:D :D :D I know she does take her own coat hangers - maybe she can improvise :lol: :lol:
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Trace » 18 May 2015 22:49

You are both very naughty :lol: :(
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Wansbrough » 19 May 2015 20:45

Trace wrote:You are both very naughty :lol: :(

All quiet from Anastasia today, do we fear the worst....... :lol: :lol:
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Stan Deasy » 19 May 2015 20:56

Jill and Plunky have been in the Isle of Skye today and have been on an excursion...no news yet. I presume Jill survived her intimate dinner with Christian(or did she say he was a Christian?? ;) :lol: ) last night.
Stan Deasy
Ship's Chaplain
Ship's Chaplain

Postby tomvet » 19 May 2015 21:36

Stan Deasy wrote:Jill and Plunky have been in the Isle of Skye today and have been on an excursion...no news yet. I presume Jill survived her intimate dinner with Christian(or did she say he was a Christian?? ;) :lol: ) last night.

I wonder did their conversation go something like this?

:lol: :lol:
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Jill and Plunky on M/V Azores.

Postby Dennis The Menace » 19 May 2015 21:54

Sounds like good fun :)
Dennis The Menace
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Stan Deasy » 20 May 2015 11:26

Jill and Plunky are in Lerwick today and are doing a tour. Yesterday thetyhad a very enjoyable tour of Skye,but lack of signal stopped Jill reporting back last night. Coincidentally, I was reading about one of the idiosyncrasies of Scotish Highlands, which is the existence of "Bothies". Apparently there are about 100 of these still available in Scotland,at least one of which is on the Isle of Skye. For anyone who is unaware of these buildings,they are a residue from the days when Scottish sheep farmers lived in the more remote areas near their flocks. Most were abandoned,as a result of better access by road and vehicles in the last century. They are now available, free of charge, to any hikers/walkers who may want/need shelter overnight. They are left unlocked,and seemingly can be a source of interesting encounters with strangers...who may appear unexpectedly just after you have settled in. It sounds almost as exciting as the first night on a cruise when you go down to the MDR and meet your fellow dining companions.
Has anyone stayed in a Bothy?? Sociable Stan ;) :)
Last edited by Stan Deasy on 20 May 2015 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
Stan Deasy
Ship's Chaplain
Ship's Chaplain

Postby Gillzajoker » 20 May 2015 14:29

Stan Deasy wrote:Jill and Plunky are in Lerwick today and are doing a tour. Yesterday thetyhad a very enjoyable tour of Skye,but lack of signal stopped Jill reporting back last night. Coincidentally, I was reading about one of the idiosyncrasies of Scotish Highlands, which is the existence of "Bothies". Apparently there are about 100 of these still available in Scotland,at least one of which is on the Isle of Skye. For anyone who is unaware of these buildings,they are a residue from the days when Scotish sheep farmers lived in the more remote areas near their flocks. Most were abandoned,as a result of better access by road and vehicles in the last century. They are now available, free of charge, to any hikers/walkers who may want/need shelter overnight. They are left unlocked,and seemingly can be a source of interesting encounters with strangers...who may appear unexpectedly just after you have settled in. It sounds almost as exciting as the first night on a cruise when you go down to the MDR and meet your fellow dining companions.
Has anyone stayed in a Bothy?? Sociable Stan ;) :)

I haven't, but when we lived in the UK, OH, a keen hiker, was part of a Volunteer Group who used to maintain and repair
these. They usually contained firewood and matches, which you were expected to replace before you left. :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to CMV