Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Magellan to the Fjords

Magellan to the Fjords

Magellan to the Fjords

Postby Dave » 01 Oct 2017 16:57

Many thanks for your interesting and very thorough review Donna, it's greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

I'm amazed that on disembarkation day you had to vacate your cabin by 6am. However, the CMV website states: "The full embarkation and disembarkation procedures and timings will be confirmed when tickets and cruise documentation are despatched, usually 14 days prior to sail date.", so I guess you'd been warned! But anyway, I'd have had to have got up at about 5am and I wouldn't have been happy - that's the middle of the night for me.
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Magellan to the Fjords

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 01 Oct 2017 18:12

Dave wrote:Many thanks for your interesting and very thorough review Donna, it's greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

I'm amazed that on disembarkation day you had to vacate your cabin by 6am. However, the CMV website states: "The full embarkation and disembarkation procedures and timings will be confirmed when tickets and cruise documentation are despatched, usually 14 days prior to sail date.", so I guess you'd been warned! But anyway, I'd have had to have got up at about 5am and I wouldn't have been happy - that's the middle of the night for me.

Nope when the cruise docs came it said disembarkation info would be given near end of cruise. I did know we would be docking at 5 am but never for second thought that meant we had to be out cabin at 6 lol
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Magellan to the Fjords

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 01 Oct 2017 19:32

judgegeoff wrote:Wow Donna, many thanks for a most interesting and comprehensive review, I really enjoyed reading it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

It was a pity that it rained so much. Norway is so much better with sun and blue skies, but I know you have been there before, so hopefully will have seen it at its best. I haven't sailed with CMV (yet), but I would be happy to do so in the future after reading your review.

Yeah it was nice in July :lol: apparently during night Thursday into Friday the weather was bad lots of rocking and rolling. People couldn't sleep woman next door was up all night with sea sickness, spoke to several people at breakfast who said they was terrified things where falling over in cabins. Mum said she couldn't sleep and it went until about 4 in morning . Me I slept through the whole thing only waking up about 4.30 am as I suffer from occasional night cramps which cause my leg to spasm and seize up. Once I stretched that I went back to sleep woke up back of 7 fresh as a daisy everyone else was exhausted due to lack of sleep :lol:. I kept going what storm never heard or felt a thing although I do remember thinking when I got into bed it felt a little rocky but I fell asleep soon after :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Magellan to the Fjords

Postby judgegeoff » 02 Oct 2017 00:39

sparkiethecruiser wrote:
judgegeoff wrote:Wow Donna, many thanks for a most interesting and comprehensive review, I really enjoyed reading it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

It was a pity that it rained so much. Norway is so much better with sun and blue skies, but I know you have been there before, so hopefully will have seen it at its best. I haven't sailed with CMV (yet), but I would be happy to do so in the future after reading your review.

Yeah it was nice in July :lol: apparently during night Thursday into Friday the weather was bad lots of rocking and rolling. People couldn't sleep woman next door was up all night with sea sickness, spoke to several people at breakfast who said they was terrified things where falling over in cabins. Mum said she couldn't sleep and it went until about 4 in morning . Me I slept through the whole thing only waking up about 4.30 am as I suffer from occasional night cramps which cause my leg to spasm and seize up. Once I stretched that I went back to sleep woke up back of 7 fresh as a daisy everyone else was exhausted due to lack of sleep :lol:. I kept going what storm never heard or felt a thing although I do remember thinking when I got into bed it felt a little rocky but I fell asleep soon after :lol:

I always sleep well with a bit of motion Donna. :)
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Magellan to the Fjords

Postby khkate » 02 Oct 2017 09:33

sparkiethecruiser wrote: I kept going what storm never heard or felt a thing although I do remember thinking when I got into bed it felt a little rocky but I fell asleep soon after :lol:

We have been like that too several times Donna - people saying how rocky it was and we never noticed it, slept right through it! :lol:
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Magellan to the Fjords

Postby Jimmy the One » 02 Oct 2017 11:22

Thanks Donna really interesting and comprehensive review :thumbup: :D
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Previous

Return to CMV