Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Marco Polo review,Christmas/N.Year 2012.

Marco Polo review,Christmas/N.Year 2012.

Marco Polo review,Christmas/N.Year 2012.

Postby grannyM » 13 Jan 2013 16:41

Nice review Stan. I enjoyed reading it. :D

Avid beat me to it with the comment about the lady Magistrate. I'm glad May was with you as it did sound like a 'chat up line' to me too. :lol:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Marco Polo review,Christmas/N.Year 2012.

Postby Gemma » 13 Jan 2013 17:03

Don't special cameras exist that can capture 'auros' ? I'd love to see Stan's.
Gemma
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fossil » 20 Jan 2013 17:14

Great review Stan. We have always enjoyed Marco Polo. They market her as a 3* ship but I always think she is worth more. I think the food in the MDR is as good as the large cruise lines and the staff are very friendly. A much underated product.
Fossil
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Postby jocap » 21 Jan 2013 22:52

It sounds good, and some of MP's itineraries are tempting. The activities are just up our street, too.....might just look into it.....:)
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby judgegeoff » 28 Mar 2013 02:05

Excellent and informative review Stan. Some friends of ours introduced us to a couple who were friends of theirs as they had just booked their first cruise and were looking for advice and tips etc. r It turned out that they had booked a 42 night return trip from Tilbury to South America aboard the 'Marco Polo'. We had sailed from Rio de Janeiro to Southampton aboard the 'Balmoral' last year, so were able to suggest what to visit in some of their destinations etc, and lend them guide books for some of the ports they were to visit. We were however very concerned that they had booked such a long trip on such a small ship for their first cruise but, in the end, they thoroughly enjoyed it, the seas were kind to them and they said that they will certainly cruise again. Incidentally, they also experienced the shutting of the portholes, so it must be a regular occurrence on the ship. They really enjoyed the experience, but - were they brave or foolhardy? Had they not liked cruising, 42 days would have passed very slowly and painfully!!!

Cheers, Geoff
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous