Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - MEMORIES (No. 24) - A SHORT BREAK IN VANCOUVER

MEMORIES (No. 24) - A SHORT BREAK IN VANCOUVER

Postby judgegeoff » 20 Apr 2021 14:37

The plumber, a friend of mine from our fishing club, rang me this morning to tell me that he is coming on Thursday to start installing the new shower cubicle and shower (he originally told us he would be coming in about 11 days time). Fortunately, the decorating is going well and I have completed the ceiling (two coats) and have finished the first coat on two of the walls (the ones that will have the cubicle attached). I will put the second coat on these two walls tomorrow and then I will finish the remaining two walls after the shower has been fully installed. Hey ho, fun and games!
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: MEMORIES (No. 24) - A SHORT BREAK IN VANCOUVER

Postby Camela » 20 Apr 2021 21:37

Get the shower room done and take a breather Geoff. Your travelogues have kept 'your Mates' (and many guests) wanting more and brightening the many dismal days over the past months. I have enjoyed having my memory jogged about many places we have been.
Becalmed until
"My Ship is Coming In"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby judgegeoff » 02 May 2021 09:13

Good morning all, I hope that you are all keeping safe and well. I am afraid that my continuance of my 'Memories' blogs will be a little delayed. With 2 walls to paint with special bathroom emulsion and the skirting boards and door surround to gloss, I was taken ill. I was having dizzy spells which obviously stopped all work above ground. I am feeling much better now, but will not get back up a ladder until I am sure that I am fully recovered.

We had hoped to have the room fully decorated before my plumber friend, Gino, started work but he had an unexpected two-day window, so asked us if he could start work. As we had finished the ceiling and the two walls that the shower cubicle would be up against, we agreed. We are very happy with the new shower cubicle and shower, it is very powerful and, together with the shower chair, will be a lot safer for us.

On Tuesday we will go to our local carpet shop to choose a cushioned vinyl flooring and book a fitter to install it (there is a long waiting list!). It will be the first time that Chris and I will have been out shopping together since March 2020 (we have been totally reliant on online shopping)!

So apologies for the delay, but I will be back as soon as possible.
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 02 May 2021 11:15

Although we miss you, Geoff - no problem about the delay. It is important that you get
back to good health, and also have a bit of a rest after all your hard work. New shower
looks great! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Camela » 02 May 2021 18:00

Thank you for your update Geoff, get well. We couldn't get a plumber for love nor money to deal with our heating fault, have had to wait over 2 months until 15th May. Mr P has managed a bodged solution but it is not satisfactory when you are paying British Gas for HomeCare. The waiting lists for all sorts of work to be done in house and garden really shows that there is a lot of work out there for motivated self-employed people. After quotes for hedge cutting we still had to wait a month.
Becalmed until
"My Ship is Coming In"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 03 May 2021 11:26

Camela wrote:Thank you for your update Geoff, get well. We couldn't get a plumber for love nor money to deal with our heating fault, have had to wait over 2 months until 15th May. Mr P has managed a bodged solution but it is not satisfactory when you are paying British Gas for HomeCare. The waiting lists for all sorts of work to be done in house and garden really shows that there is a lot of work out there for motivated self-employed people. After quotes for hedge cutting we still had to wait a month.

No doubt 'Covid' will be blamed - it gets blamed for everything else!
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Previous