Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Fujayrah Khor Fakkan

Fujayrah Khor Fakkan

Fujayrah Khor Fakkan

Postby Wansbrough » 07 Dec 2013 19:01

Another one of the ports we will hopefully be visiting in April is listed as Fujayrah Khor Fakkan. From what I can tell Fujayrah is the area and Khor Fakkan is the town/port so my question is has anyone been here and able to suggest things to do? I think by the look of things it will be a day on the beach. :D
I believe the ship will dock at Khor Fakkan which is a natural deep water port that is now a major container terminal.

There are only 4 trips available on the ships excursion list and they are as follows.

FUJAIRAH AND ITS TRADITIONS (4½ Hours)
This tour will enable you to admire the landscape along the east coast of Fujairah and Khor Fakkan, situated on the shores of the Gulf of Oman, with beautiful un-spoilt beaches and rugged mountains. The tour will start with a visit of Fujairah Museum to see the local archaeological artifacts. The museum has a unique collection of Fujairah's coins used before the UAE was formed in 1971. There will then be a photo stop at the 300-year-old Fujairah fort, which is currently preparing to become the Fujairah National Museum. We will continue on to Heritage Village, where we will take a dive into the past, discovering the lifestyles of the ancient residents including characteristics such as work tools, typical irrigation systems and the work characteristics of many years ago. Following this we will arrive at the Fujairah fish, fruit and vegetable market for a brief visit with a short section of free time. The market is interesting to see and compare the typical local products. The coastal road will lead you to Al Badiya, the oldest mosque in the UAE (Photo stop from outside the mosque) . Two Portuguese watch towers overlook both the mosque and the oasis of Al Badiya Village dating back to 1498. En route to the port of Fujairah you will pass Khor Fakkan, the port town of Sharjah Emirate, with its impressive Container Terminal. Here in Khor Fakkan located across the corniche and overseeing the mountains, the small white building of stone, palm fronds and trunks was formerly known as Al Jamaa mosque, the small mosque is on the UAE 5 Dirhams backside of the note, which you probably find in your notes of UAE.

4x4 DESERT AND WADI SAFARI (7 hours)
This thrilling jeep tour will enable you to discover the desert and wadis of the UAE. You will drive through the Masafi Mountains and the ever-changing desert and wadi landscapes towards the oasis of Wadi Shawkah. Following a short stop to deflate the tyres of your jeep, you will enter the desert and enjoy riding over the high sand dunes. You will continue through the desert and mountains, passing an area of rugged rocks and gleaming reddish sand dunes, before arriving at Fossil Rock, containing fossils dating back 80 million years. Your next stop will be Camel Rock, a curious rock formation resembling the outstretched head of a camel rising out of the desert sand. Finally, you will enjoy a picnic lunch.

FUJAIRAH BEACH TOUR (5½ hours)
Upon exiting the port we will proceed along the Oriental Coast heading towards one of the best resorts, where we will spend the morning immersed in the relaxation of the resort. We have the facility of around 540m of beach, usage of towels, comfortable sun loungers and umbrellas.

A DAY AT THE BEACH (6 hours)
On exiting the port we will proceed along the Oriental Coast heading towards the Beach Resort, where we will spend the day immersed in the relaxation of the resort.We have the availability of around 500m of beach accompanied by towels, comfortable sun loungers and umbrellas. Younger guests can take advantage of the games park located on the sea front.Other than the sea and beach you will also find a swimming pool and for those guests looking to bask in the sun within comfortable surroundings. The buffet lunch will be served at the Resort's restaurant.
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Fujayrah Khor Fakkan

Postby bobbyoscar » 07 Dec 2013 19:14

I have friends that live in Fujairah, would you like me to ask them 'what's to do?' in the area.
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger CANX
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Fujayrah Khor Fakkan

Postby Wansbrough » 07 Dec 2013 19:33

bobbyoscar wrote:I have friends that live in Fujairah, would you like me to ask them 'what's to do?' in the area.

Sounds like a plan. Thank you.
BTW, I have just e-mailed the Sandy Beach - Hotel & Resort to see if they do a day pass.
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Fujayrah Khor Fakkan

Postby bobbyoscar » 07 Dec 2013 19:47

I've just messaged her on f/b and will let you know what she says.
x
Cruises booked:
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Fujayrah Khor Fakkan

Postby bobbyoscar » 20 Dec 2013 11:35

Just updating that I haven't heard anything back from my friend. I know she has finished school for the term and was due to be out of the country visiting family, so I'll give her a gentle reminder in a week or so.
Cruises booked:
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Return to Middle East