Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Great value.....Seabourn Odyssey

Great value.....Seabourn Odyssey

Re: Great value.....Seabourn Odyssey

Postby Eleanor » 01 Dec 2012 09:25

sevenseascoaster wrote:Interesting review Eleanor, glad to hear you had such a good time, must admit I would have be concerned about that itinery with the troubles out there? just goes to show they would have been unfounded.

I like the sound of Seabourn and have added it to my list of 'to dos' (one day)!!!! :)
Wansbrough wrote:Sounds like you had a great time Eleanor. I hope we can hear more about it in due course.

Thank you everyone.
We both came home feeling refreshed and unstressed in spite of an unpleasant experience at security in Dubai. I think it was because people were concerned about the troubles in the area that the usual large numbers of Americans was down to 109 against 119 Brits. So we were able to get the bargain price.
I should have mentioned that as well as being the most sociable of all our cruises, it was the most 'refined'. There were no scrums anywhere, no pushing into the lifts, no dashing to get the best seats in tour buses, all which we've seen. And when the chefs gave a demo, waiters brought little tastes beautifully served to everyone in the theatre. Did you have that, Jill? This cruise line has spoilt us for anything else but like a lot of us we prefer two cheap trips to one pricey one in a year. Oh lottery fairy, please visit.
Eleanor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby JollyJill » 01 Dec 2012 10:19

Eleanor wrote:
sevenseascoaster wrote:Interesting review Eleanor, glad to hear you had such a good time, must admit I would have be concerned about that itinery with the troubles out there? just goes to show they would have been unfounded.

I like the sound of Seabourn and have added it to my list of 'to dos' (one day)!!!! :)
Wansbrough wrote:Sounds like you had a great time Eleanor. I hope we can hear more about it in due course.

Thank you everyone.
We both came home feeling refreshed and unstressed in spite of an unpleasant experience at security in Dubai. I think it was because people were concerned about the troubles in the area that the usual large numbers of Americans was down to 109 against 119 Brits. So we were able to get the bargain price.
I should have mentioned that as well as being the most sociable of all our cruises, it was the most 'refined'. There were no scrums anywhere, no pushing into the lifts, no dashing to get the best seats in tour buses, all which we've seen. And when the chefs gave a demo, waiters brought little tastes beautifully served to everyone in the theatre. Did you have that, Jill? This cruise line has spoilt us for anything else but like a lot of us we prefer two cheap trips to one pricey one in a year. Oh lottery fairy, please visit.

Yes, Eleanor, we found it the most 'refined' in that there were never any queues and always a feeling that the ship was only half full when actually it wasn't. I can't comment on the buses as our itinerary was such that we didn't book any excursions; we just did our own thing.
Can I ask Eleanor, which couple on the entertainment had just got engaged? We got quite friendly with Sean and on of the girls and was wondering if it was them.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Eleanor » 01 Dec 2012 11:12

Hi Jill, the two were a singer, Emily, and a magician, Martin John who were not on the regular entertainment team. We also found the singers very friendly, Sion so handsome, but Sam was my favourite. We got to know Lucy and Natalie because we were invited on their hosted table the very first night, and they are lovely girls. Sam and Natalie were together all the time and we thought they were a couple, but sadly not. Sam said Natalie was with Dmitri the dancer, but asked me to plead his case with her which I did!!
Eleanor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby pisces55 » 02 Dec 2012 12:29

Enjoyed reading your review Eleanor sounds like you had a fabulous cruise
Diane

pisces55
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby jsb » 02 Dec 2012 14:04

It all sounds wonderful, right just off to check my lottery ticket. ;)
Don't worry be happy.
jsb
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby Eleanor » 03 Dec 2012 12:20

pisces55 wrote:Enjoyed reading your review Eleanor sounds like you had a fabulous cruise

Thank you, Diane, nice to be home and seeing the family but missing all that luxury! The best thing was that it didn't break the bank.
Eleanor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Eleanor » 03 Dec 2012 12:21

jsb wrote:It all sounds wonderful, right just off to check my lottery ticket. ;)

Did it come up? Take me with you?
Eleanor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby jsb » 03 Dec 2012 19:05

Eleanor wrote:
jsb wrote:It all sounds wonderful, right just off to check my lottery ticket. ;)

If my numbers ever come up I will treat all my friends from Cruising Mates to a cruise. :D
Don't worry be happy.
jsb
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby grannyM » 03 Dec 2012 19:13

jsb wrote:
Eleanor wrote:

If my numbers ever come up I will treat all my friends from Cruising Mates to a cruise. :D

I think I'd opt for the 'no publicity' option in future if I were you Jan. :lol:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Previous

Return to Seabourn