Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - A new addition to the conservatory gym!

A new addition to the conservatory gym!

Postby Dave » 02 Apr 2021 16:09

We ordered a NordicTrack S22i Studio cycle several weeks ago and it arrived yesterday! :)

A bit of rearranging was required, but it's a lot smaller than the treadmill and it slotted into the small space I'd created without too much difficulty.

My wife trying it out for the first time...

Like the treadmill, the bike uses the iFit system and allows us to follow trainers and guides on screen who talk to us and control the equipment. But whereas on the treadmill, it's the speed and incline that vary during a workout, on the bike it's the resistance that changes to simulate changes in incline and speed. A unique feature of the S22i is that the incline can vary between -10% and +20%, which is a brilliant way to enhance immersion. The first workout I tried was a mountain bike trail in Chile where I followed the trainer up a wide track to a high point in a forest before we hurtled down a twisty trail through the trees. It felt amazing! I just need to get used to a saddle again...
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 03 Apr 2021 11:41

Wow, you both certainly carry fitness to the nth degree! I hope you have lots of fun with it! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Dave » 03 Apr 2021 16:01

Gillzajoker wrote:Wow, you both certainly carry fitness to the nth degree! I hope you have lots of fun with it! :D

Thanks Gill. :D

At the moment I'm doing a 30-or-so minute workout a day - my limit before I get too saddle sore!
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Exercise programmes