Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - BOGOF

BOGOF

BOGOF

Postby Gillzajoker » 05 Dec 2015 15:48

Is anyone else, apart from me, incensed by the companies who offer BOGOF Cruises, when it is patently obvious they just double the cost for the first passenger? :evil: Do they really think we are that stupid??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

BOGOF

Postby Dave » 05 Dec 2015 16:49

Gillzajoker wrote:Is anyone else, apart from me, incensed by the companies who offer BOGOF Cruises, when it is patently obvious they just double the cost for the first passenger? :evil: Do they really think we are that stupid??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Incensed no - mildly irritated yes! ;)

It mildly irritates me because I'm expected to do some mental calculation. I accept that the sums aren't difficult, but I shouldn't have to do them in the first place!

The only reason I can see why a cruise line might do this is to make the cruise look more expensive (and perhaps more 'upmarket') than it really is. For example, if a cruise is advertised at £1799 for 14 nights (with the second person going 'free') I'm supposed to think (after doing the calculation) that we'd get the cruise half-price.
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

BOGOF

Postby JollyJill » 05 Dec 2015 16:49

Gillzajoker wrote:Is anyone else, apart from me, incensed by the companies who offer BOGOF Cruises, when it is patently obvious they just double the cost for the first passenger? :evil: Do they really think we are that stupid??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I have never taken 'advantage' of such offers Gill for that very reason. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

BOGOF

Postby tomvet » 05 Dec 2015 17:03

JollyJill wrote:

Fibber - your Marco Polo cruise was a BOGOF
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

BOGOF

Postby JollyJill » 05 Dec 2015 17:12

tomvet wrote:
JollyJill wrote:

Fibber - your Marco Polo cruise was a BOGOF

Crikey, I had forgotten that. :oops:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

BOGOF

Postby Peka » 05 Dec 2015 20:47

You know Tom never forgets! :evil: :)
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

BOGOF

Postby JollyJill » 05 Dec 2015 21:18

Peka wrote:

You know Tom never forgets! :evil: :)

He certainly doesn't but it comes in handy sometimes because I can tap his memory where mine has failed. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: BOGOF

Postby khkate » 08 Dec 2015 13:07

So a 7-night cruise on FO for £899 with 2nd person going free - seems a reasonable deal to me! And that is booking it through Saga's Cruise World so get the transport to/from the port in that too!
CRUISES BOOKED:
Spirit of Discovery - Dec 2020, Dec 2021
Spirit of Adventure - September 2020, March 2021, June 2021, October 2021
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: BOGOF

Postby Gillzajoker » 08 Dec 2015 16:12

khkate wrote:So a 7-night cruise on FO for £899 with 2nd person going free - seems a reasonable deal to me! And that is booking it through Saga's Cruise World so get the transport to/from the port in that too!

It's not the actual costings per se that annoy me, but the fact that most cruise lines would offer that (to use your example) at £449pp - I just feel that using th BOGOF format insults our intelligence :evil:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Return to Grumbles