Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Cruiselines cut costs ...... and then we have these?

Cruiselines cut costs ...... and then we have these?

Postby JollyJill » 08 Dec 2015 09:30

I collect the postcards of the ship but never take it or use it if I already have one.

On our next cruise, we will be asking our cabin steward not to leave the chocs on the pillow as we rarely eat them.
I still have a tub at home that contains a variety of chocs from different cruise lines. My son is gradually working his way through them. :roll:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Cruiselines cut costs ...... and then we have these?

Postby Peka » 08 Dec 2015 10:39

octocruiser wrote:
tomvet wrote:What I do find useful from time to time is the sewing kit! But do you need two in a cabin?

Now if only I had a Kath to use it! ;)

Kath never uses them. Kath takes her own copious supply of safety pins *. Kath doesn't 'do' bus man's holidays ;) ;)

* Kath takes a copious supply of all things DIY which she very rarely uses, but are frequently found to be of use to fellow passengers. :roll:

On Boudicca we had need of a sewing kit, usually pack something, but thought this time didn't bother.. so of course it was required. There was a small sign to ask the steward if you needed anything like that as it wasn't automatically in the cabin. Didn't see our stewardess before going for dinner so left a note. When we came back there were three sewing kits left!

Also got extra choccies :lol: I never eat them on board. One evening I didn't get on left on my pillow, my mum mentioned it to our stewardess and then almost every night after I got about 10 chocs extra... I got a bit spoilt cos she liked my phone case! :mrgreen: I still have a few left and I gave a load away to my brother for looking after the cats :lol:
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Fossil » 08 Dec 2015 11:29

Surely the 'Paper Hats' are there for hygiene reasons. A cabin may not be used for several voyages and they stop dust and dirt going in the glasses. They can also be used as a 'Coaster' to stop furniture being marked with 'Water Rings'. Post cards are good for people who want a reminder of the ship and do not go away with cameras, yes there are a lot of people who travel without cameras. As for sewing kits I find them useful also especially the ones that have decent contents and come in small plastic containers as opposed to the paper/cardboard container along with shoe shine blocks.
I think we have to remember that forums make up a very small percentage of the 22 million people that cruised in 2014 on over 300 cruise ships from 62 cruise lines and therefore our views may not be that of the majority. Hence when things change we are, in all probability, a minority with our views. As always, just my personal opinion.
Fossil
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Re: Cruiselines cut costs ...... and then we have these?

Postby Peka » 08 Dec 2015 12:13

tomvet wrote:OH believes the post cards are there since Adam was a boy and that they are not being replaced once used. Against that though, is that we were in a new Renaissance cabin that did not exist 6-8 months ago so they were putting them into cabins at least up to that time!

The postcards are at least updated sometimes (probably not until another major change is made admittedly) as I have an MSC Opera card from around 2013. I picked it up as I walked through Le Havre port... another example of them littering possibly :roll:

Peka
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous

Return to Grumbles