Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - New membership cards for Saga

New membership cards for Saga

New membership cards for Saga

Postby khkate » 08 Dec 2015 13:18

Saga mentioned sometime ago that they were relaunching their Britannia Club and issuing new membership cards. When I saw the photo of the cards, I thought it was a waste as they looked exactly the same, but it only showed the front of the cards.

Got the new cards in the post today and yes, they are exactly the same on the front.On the old cards, your name was printed with a unique membership number - in large print that could be easily read by those of a certain age, whose eyesight may not be so good. THe new cards have your name printed and a unique membership number (a new and much longer number of course) but all in tiny print, that needs a magnifying glass to read!

The accompanying letter states that you can quote your membership number next time you ring to book. In all the time we have had our loyalty cards - we have never had to use them at all, quote a membership number or anything, either when ringing Saga, or on board the ship.

So, for me, thumbs down to Saga - a waste of money - basically just to launch the new loyalty level . :(
CRUISES BOOKED:
Spirit of Discovery - Dec 2020, Dec 2021
Spirit of Adventure - September 2020, March 2021, June 2021, October 2021
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral