Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Steep Gangways

Steep Gangways

Steep Gangways

Postby tobysgranny » 19 May 2016 16:55

JollyJill wrote:
tobysgranny wrote:My goodness Jill. I would have hated to have had to come down that gangway. I'm bad enough on a 'normal' one.

Joan

It was hairy Joan. An American lady fell down it and broke her shoulder; her face was badly bruised too.

Why I am not surprised Jill? I think I may have landed in a heap at the bottom as well!

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Steep Gangways

Postby avidcruiser » 19 May 2016 19:31

On our last cruise, and maybe also the cruise before that, on Adonia in 2015, they had an 'angleometer' thingy.

It showed the degree of tilt the gangway and the associated safety levels; green, amber orange and red. We had it almost in the red a few times and many people had to be assisted.
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Wales

Re: Steep Gangways

Postby jocap » 19 May 2016 20:19

About not using low decks because they're for crew... I was very surprised, on Indy, that access to the outside world was usually along- what do they call it? Highway 99 or something? ... the main corridor through staff quarters. Sometimes there were longish queues along there, so we could all read the notice boards. A surprise, but a very interesting one!
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous

Return to Grumbles